No 6 14.29%
Yes, emotionally 2 4.76%
Yes, physically 2 4.76%
Yes, Physically & Emotionally 23 54.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Esteemed Pillar of the Community

I guess I get both in a way... I feel hazy and as if I am remembering a dream, but I also get the feeling of dread and anxiety along with "butterflies", which to me is kind of physical, though I suppose emotional as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningGirl85 For This Useful Post:
Crash (10-07-2012), Janus (10-07-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

You know what I don't know because i don't really get any warning before hand usually i feel very sleepy if i have any warning if at all.....and Kent will me I think you I am gonna have a seizure or I will say things over again like i will repeat myself over and over again or walk in circles alot becasue i think i did the activity already. Usully the sleepiness I would say though and then I am out and then I will wake up with a pounding headache and other sore muscle aches from the T/C seizure and Kent will tell me what happened and I usually reply oh crap.....Had one on Monday had NOT had one for 9 months oh well.....

Tina
Old 10-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Since I'm pretty sure I just had a pretty long partial... a little more elaboration. My fuzzy headed feeling started with a little dizziness then progressed to full on ... depersonalization I guess? Then I got really scared I was going to have a tonic clonic (even though I've only had a couple.) Actually I was boiling water and was freaking out hoping it would hurry so I just laid on the floor. Got my food but moved to my bed... Then I got deja vu. The whole ordeal lasted nearly an hour and now I'm super sleepy... that was how I felt before my last tonic clonic too... I think its good I'm on medication! At first I just thought maybe it was med side effects, but as it progtessed I realized it was not. Guess IM actually still feeling odd but it's mostly passes...

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-07-2012, 06:39 AM
CWE Supporter/E Hater 2

Thanked 1,056 Times in 641 Posts
Yes especially if im going to have a tonic-clonic,i get the feeling of dread in my stomach,im in no mood for conversation.I suppose i just want to be on my own,perhaps this is just because i know whats coming.Also i kind of feel like im in a dream like state,sort of looking down on myself in a way.Ive never really been able to fight a tonic off,if it comes it comes.I can remember having one at work a few years ago,it also felt like i was a few seconds behind and also if i tried to talk it was more like a mumble,but i suppose crap happens,doesnt it?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:20 AM

i get terrfied the dread feeling in the stomach i feel i not real,more or less just like yours neil and the few seconds behind deja vu
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM
CWE Supporter/E Hater 2

Thanked 1,056 Times in 641 Posts
I really hate it because ill try with all my might to stop it,but it never,never works.Although cazzy if im having abscence seizures,i can go to bed and sleep them off but never a tonic.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 PM

I was sooo sure I was going to have a T/C last night... But I didn't. I have only had a couple, and they were before I was on medication, but I also only had those types of partials, minus once or twice, before T/C seizures... Since that last one, I've had a few of the types of partials I had last night (same as what I described, and Neil and cazzy), and I think the only thing stopping them from progressing has been my medication... I even had the post-seizure headache last night, which has only happened after my T/Cs, so I think I was pretty close to one (I have primarily simple partial seizures with secondary generalization, so the long ones are usually the dangerous ones for me).
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 PM

Great question. For me, it seems as though, out of the blue I feel my head spinning inside my skull like a million miles an hour, and butterflies (really nausea) that is a huge feeling of dread/fear that takes over. That is the partial I have and at times that lasts for about i don't know if its 20 sec. or a few minutes because it is so intense that i have no time sense. Now i have to get down on my knees or sit down because it may turn into T/C. If it does i will wake up after (not from sleep but like come to) if it does not i will feel relaxed and a bit wiped out after it is over. I have this need inside to deny anything happened (i do not know why). My friend told me last week he believes it was our conversation which was about seizures! and how i feel before/during. He has seen a few with me and thinks that a disturbing topic to me and maybe multiple confusing choices can trigger them. I do not know for sure, they used to happen out of the blue when i was alone too.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Weaving the Community Fabric

most of time around hour b4 i would get soooooo depressed! and not want to do anything!

Currently on 800mg tegretol
-----------------------------------------------------
Proud mummy, Jared is my hero!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Joined the Party

Would pre ictal be the same thing as an aura? Or is it more farther out? I honestly never thought about it.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator / Spaminator

Thanked 1,308 Times in 939 Posts
By definition Pre-ictal makes reference to anything caused by a seizure before the seizure.

Auras are usually pre-ictal but I'm curious about the farther out stuff since it can be harder to identify.