Risk Factors Associated with Epilepsy - Part I (Alcohol, Other Drugs, Foods)

Risk Factors Associated with Epilepsy - Part I - Alcohol, Other Drugs, Food

• Alcoholic Beverages - Sporadically

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • Alcoholic Beverages - Frequently

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Alcoholic Beverages - Special Occassions Only

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Alcoholic Beverages - Do Not Use

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • Other Drugs - Sporadically or Very Isolated

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Other Drugs - Frequently

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other Drugs - Do Not Use

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Foods - Sporadically

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Foods - Frequently

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Foods - Do Not Use and/or Avoid As Much As Possible

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I wish I got drunk as easily as you guys. It would be a lot cheaper, lol.

With that said, and knock wood, I haven't had a grand mal in nearly 3 yrs.

I seem to be okay with OTC meds.

I know I'm very lucky and don't recommend anyone consume in access unless you know how your body tolerates it.

Again, knock wood...lol.

My body can tolerate it once or twice a year. Being drunk that is. But I tell my doc. I've been on the same meds for 9 years now.

I was given benedryl in my video eeg to keep me from scratching my head & scratching the electrodes off. It didn't increase my seizures.

I don't completely abstain from alcohol, but close enough. As for anything else, seizures killed any interest I had in altered states of consciousness.

Back
Top Bottom