Sleep

How many hours of sleep do you get on a daily basis?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 3 hours

• 3 - 5 hours

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • 6 - 8 hours

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 9 - 11 hours

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 12 - 14 hours

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Over 14 hours

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

alivenwell

Veteran
Reaction score
On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Voting is confidential. I know some medications can cause insomnia and some medications cause difficulty in waking up within the recommended 8 hour timeframe.

Last edited:
I usually get around 7-9 hrs of sleep. Usually, between 7-8, but there are occasional naps that are sweet.

9-11.

Don't always get that though.

My whole life I've been a big sleeper.

I'm not really that big of a sleeper though I love it. I never wanna get out of bed because its so warm and comfy and cozy.

I normally get 3 to 5 hours of restful sleep. Normally I got to bed at about 10 and get up at 7, but trying to fall asleep usually takes 2 hours, and from there I wake up a lot. So from about 2 or 3am I have finally fallen asleep for good.

On weekends I can stay up super late because I nap for a little, then stay up until 5 or 6 and sleep until noon.

Normally we get 6-8 hours. Last night we got 7. My average is 6 though. I often have a difficult time getting to sleep, but partner manages to snooze almost as soon as his head hits the pillow. The problem is we keep getting woken up in the middle of the night, either because of the cats or partner's unruly sleep.

Just not enough hours in the day.....besides, I like my computer :bigsmile:

well, that

depends on what i've been doing that day.........lot of writing, subbing, or whatever. And if i take in ANY caffeine, i'm really messed up for days........

Wow. I'm really knocked out, I think by the Trileptal. I sleep 10 hours a night, plus 2 naps per day. Unacceptable. Gotta find a way to not need that any more. I tried to just not do it, but I fell asleep in the chair and woke up an hour later.

Usually 7-8 hours for me, and it's very consistent. I'm my own worst enemy, though - caffeine and internet and reading - so it may be 6 last night and 9 tonight.

About 4 or 5. Most of that is work induced. On the weekends I can manage about 8 or 9 (well before my husband deployed). When you don't get home until well after 6 and there is a child to feed and a house to straighten up, nights can get pretty late sometimes. And of course the dreaded alarm in the am makes for short sleeps. Has anyone ever noticed an alarm that goes off at 3:30 or 4 am sounds so much louder than one that goes off at 6?

Usually closer to 6 than 8. I try to go to bed earlier, however I just wake up earlier. I do sneak in the occasional after work nap.

I get any where from 3-5 hrs it veries i tend to at night sleep 5 mins here 10 mins their type sleeper always have been

I pretty much get 6 hours every night. But if I have an opportunity to nap, I can easily nap 2-4 hours...but rarely do I get that luxury!

I sleep an awful lot, and i have snoozes too. It's not like i mean to be lazy or intend to fall asleep, i just... do. Lol.

I normally stay awake about 6-8 hours at a time and then i start to feel like i need to doze again.

I sleep an awful lot, and i have snoozes too. It's not like i mean to be lazy or intend to fall asleep, i just... do. Lol.

I normally stay awake about 6-8 hours at a time and then i start to feel like i need to doze again.

i sweat like crazy when i sleep, and aware of my dreams. also get confused of what i dreamnt and what is real.

Hubby usually needs to sleep 7.5- 9 hours per night. That's tough - he used to be a 6 hour per night sleeper. But I notice he's much more relaxed and able to handle things (he's on Keppra XR). Cheers, Deb

music

Anybody have theme music as a part of there dreams? Nothing is playing inside my house, no radio, tv, ipod.
I noticed this morning that the theme music I had last night didn't seem to match the dream. I'll try to remember the name of the tune, but I wonder if this happens a lot to other people?

No - he doesn't have that issue. But he does think listening to the ocean waves (with alpha sleep waves built in) really help him.

Back
Top Bottom