Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Public Transportation

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I rely most on my family. Luckily I have retired grandparents who live near by who can take me most places. I would rather go to dr visits with my husband.

I live in the country so public transportation is out of the question. It would probably cost $50 for a round trip to take a taxi to the grocery store!

Right now, I drive, bike, walk, and take the subway as needed. I deliberately live in a very walkable area, just in case there might be a time in the future when I wouldn't be able (or allowed) to drive.

I drive, but don't drive at night, don't drive to new place where I could get confused or lost

Rebecca can't drive yet. She is lucky to have parents that are willing to drive her most every place she wants and needs to go. Including an hour drive each way to work, 3 days per week.
She occasionally takes the bus home from school, or the metro train to Old Town Pasadena. The next few years will be interesting as her life is moving into new directions.

My Family drives me places if needed. but usally I walk everywhere I am only 4min away from work and 10mins away from the mall

Wife

I have to have my wife drive me to and from work every day, which is an hour and a half round trip, twice a day. It is killing us on gas...

SeizetheNight

I live in a big city with pretty decent public transport. My day to day commute is by BMW bus metro walk. If I need or want to go anywhere that either doesn't have or has poor PT my guy drives.

I really hate dealling with other people, and there is no public tranportation out here.
I have a bicycle, and I am willing to take the risk unfortunately. yes I do have about 40 stitches in my faces. But it is indepence thing.
I would still take the risk again, just to be able to ride my bike, and talk to myself while I do it, instead of waiting for someone else to come get me.

My husband takes me to most places. I take public transportation as well. Whenever we move, I make sure we find a house close to a bus stop. I also have a short walk to the stores. I can call Dial A Ride for transportation. They come and get me and then pick me up when I call them to get me.

I get frustrated with Dial A Ride because I have to wait about 2 hours for them to come and pick me up.

I now drive again but when a ride was needed my parents took me. I felt like a kid again it was funny. Not haha funny just weird funny.

We drive our son in our MPV, he has a special needs car harnass and car seat. He goes to daycare with a school taxi bus. Now he's allmost 11 years old, he soon will be to heavy to lift him without equipement. Coming friday our new adapted wheelchair bus will be delivered. Just in time for our vacation next month, France here we come!

I went and rode my bike in traffic today after getting it serviced. It is hard to explained how much I enjoyed it.

I am glad that you enjoyed your bike ride. My husband rides his bike everyday.

I have balance problems in my brain, I was never able to ride a bicycle. I tried several times. That would be great if I could ride a bike. It is a great way to get around.

Luckily i got a free bus pass, and my dla pays for my taxis and stuff, so i generally use public transport.

Sometimes i'll get a lift to/from work from my mum or dad, but they both work full time too.

I am glad that you enjoyed your bike ride. My husband rides his bike everyday.

I have balance problems in my brain, I was never able to ride a bicycle. I tried several times. That would be great if I could ride a bike. It is a great way to get around.

My balance isn't nearly what it was. But I have met adults on long rides riding adult trikes on long rides, that are awesome.

When I rode home from florida, I met a guy who rides his trike around the florida panhandle and south georgia just because he can. Talking with him was really nice and he was one of the nicest people I have met. He has stuck with me since I met with him.

Wow! What a great idea, Court.

Found a trike on walmart.com for $250. I thought it would be much more expensive.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-Meridian-Tricycle/5679542

I bet a custom metal enclosed basket could be put on the back to lock up belongings, too. That way I could run multiple errands.

Okay. Now who wants to come over and put it together for me???

Wow! What a great idea, Court.

I bet a custom metal enclosed basket could be put on the back to lock up belongings, too. That way I could run multiple errands.

Okay. Now who wants to come over and put it together for me???
:roflmao::roflmao:

A basket is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom