What Does Your Avatar Say About You? Why did you pick it?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My avatar is of a popular Indian/Pakistani dessert called Gajar Halwa. It is sweetened carrots with nuts. It's heavenly with vanilla ice cream!
My avatar says that I LOVE sweet things! I picked it because it's one of my favourite desserts.

I may consider putting on an avatar of my favourite animated film series. It took over my previous favourite of Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want an av that's light-hearted and helps people smile. Lovespurple, that dessert sounds amazing. Maybe I need to put a cinnamon roll as my av now but it would make me too hungry. :D

I like crows, for lots of reasons that I won't go into here. One of those reasons is that I have a "rescue" crow living with me. He was born with both feet crippled and one leg that pretty much can't bear weight. His parents essentially brought him to my shop when he was about 5 weeks old and had only been 2 days out of the nest. They stayed around watching me and their baby for about 4 months, then migrated for the fall. That was almost 7 years ago. Crows are amazing birds.

Mine is largely that i love the film Erasurehead and that i see a lot of myself in that character. I love film noir and art stuff of all kinds.

I have used several but I think I will keep this one. This is Mia. She is my companion cat. My psych wrote an rx so I could have her in my last apt.! :) She is still with me in my new one too. I have had her since she was 7 weeks old. She is now 3 years old. She is so spoiled by me and my kids who don't live with me anymore. (still in the same small town though, ages 20 and 22)

I like smiley faces :)

But I guess, it's better to be the one happy one in a crowd of grey, as opposed to just being part of the crowd and wishing I could be happy..

If I ever get there I'll let you know lol

:bigsmile: good one.

my avatar is in regards to facing brain surgery. a number of you have told me you'd never have the courage i did (aka took me a year to find), and my response is always just as it says.

I like crows, for lots of reasons that I won't go into here. One of those reasons is that I have a "rescue" crow living with me. He was born with both feet crippled and one leg that pretty much can't bear weight. His parents essentially brought him to my shop when he was about 5 weeks old and had only been 2 days out of the nest. They stayed around watching me and their baby for about 4 months, then migrated for the fall. That was almost 7 years ago. Crows are amazing birds.

Your Amazing!
That is a beautiful story.

I like smiley faces :)

But I guess, it's better to be the one happy one in a crowd of grey, as opposed to just being part of the crowd and wishing I could be happy..

You just made me smile, so for now, I'm the happy one in a crowd of grey!
Thank you : )

I just want an av that's light-hearted and helps people smile. Lovespurple, that dessert sounds amazing. Maybe I need to put a cinnamon roll as my av now but it would make me too hungry. :D

this Avitar made me smile, but a cinnamon roll would just put me out of this world. : )

My avatar is really my CT scan. It was done right before my crainioplasty! The gap in the white circle is where a part of my skull was missing! 8-29-11 they sawed it open, I stroked on the table, they scooped some brains out necrotic tissue blah-blah, 2wks in a propanol comma, followed by 2 months in rehab learning to walk again. so turns out 8-29 was the day I lost everything! even my cool! So it is significant to me and at some level it fills that "in your face" attitude I developed by people staring at the big row of staples (49 shiny staples)in my head and that is the significance! I use it on all my online profiles I have never been asked before...Thanks

What a brave soul. It definately says "In Your Face". But I don't think you lost your cool. I'm at a lost for words. I had brain surgery for a ruptured aneurysm in January 2011. I would like to see my CT of what my brain/head now looks like with a clip in it. I have a permanent dent on the right side of my head. It looks like I was hit in the head with a baseball and the hair won't grow back over the scar (incession?). Thanks for sharing...I'm glad I asked too.

Back
Top Bottom