What factors help you with seizure control?

What factors have helped you attain (at least some) seizure control?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I find the less I think of it, the better I am.

Geez oh Pete, George, perhaps this is the answer. Thank you, George.

I recently went into the ER after a seizure and (I guess) what is called "post-ictal psychosis." We shall call it PiP for short, or SHIT for what is really is.

So. I went to the ER after a seizure and SHIT. I enjoyed the usual ER stay, as many of you have mentioned. It's quite pleasant, is it not? Do not the ER staff want to cause you to kill yourself? If not, then they aren't doing their job. They don't care about you; all they care about is fraternizing around the ER center desk.

I discharged myself from the ER. Shall I tell you what happens when you discharge yourself from the ER? Despite the legalities, the hospital staff will deny you your rights.

I stated, "I discharge myself from Spectrum Hospital." I repeated this a number of times.

The hospital folks denied my legal demand. A security guard acknowledged it, but his "superior" scowled and proceeded with whatever procedure he was administering.The lesser security dude acquaiesced.

Observing this exchange at the time from restraints and my ER bed, I was overwhelmed. At this time, I knew that I was not in control of my future. At the time, I was being restrained, so I couldn't protect myself.

Some kind of psych doctor came to me during this time and talked to me. I don't remember much of his SHIT (seizure post-ictal status, but SPIT doesn't sound as good as SHIT does), except to say that he was quite nice.

Sorry to highjack this thread. You're asking what happens

Nothing keeps me from seizure control. I've gone the holistic route, the carb route, the protein route. Shall I go onto the fat route? Or the spit route?

Although I'm on 2 AED's--Vimpat & Topamax, I still have time to time breakthroughs. Maybe it's due to stress that I don't actually feel/consciously think about.

Back
Top Bottom