Who's Got Glasses?

Who here

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
After having to get mine repaired for the umptenth time I was wondering how many people here need glasses?

Well, after laser surgery I didn't need them anymore. Since going on Lamictal, my vision goes blurry throughout the day, so I'll probably need glasses (again) soon.

you should do this as a pole.

I wear glasses. and contacts, as I have snapped mine in half not too long ago during a seizure. I'd say that I have bad eye sight, but from working in optical I know that there are many people that are way worse off. i'm -1.5, -2.00 in my left eye and -1. 25, -1.75 in my right eye. (first number is spherical, second number is astigmatism) so when you add the 2 numbers together, I have -3.5 and -3.00, which is slightly thick looking

a collegue of mine had a combined total of -14.00 and -15.00, so she had pretty thick glasses that she had to have thined out (zeiss 1.9 index glass. the thinnest made glasses) and they still look thick.

I once helped a customer with -20.00

Last edited:
I have glasses fo the last 20 years ,epilepsy since 2005.will need them foever

I need a new pair of glasses, and seizures aren't
nice to them ...

Epilepsy + Glasses = Chaos

A very nice question but I cannot answer because there is nothing for my answer of I have never needed them. My parents and my only sibling do but somehow I missed that one.

Thanks to whomever created the poll for this!

My eyes aren't great but they could be worse (knock on wood). I'm -8.5 with astigmatisim -1.25 in one eye and -8.0 with -1.50 in the other but I see my opthomologist next week so we'll see.
My BF sprang for the really expensive bendy frames for me after I broke 3 pairs of glasses. Contacts and I don't get along.

I had to get glasses last year. Couldn't read anything anymore. Went straight to transitional tri-focals. Dissappointing since I used to have 12/20 and 15/20 vision.

I started on Lamictal shortly before that, but think it is just from aging. My distance vision is not as bad and I think if it was the Lamictal, all vision would have been effected.

Tri-focals or progressive (the invisible kind?) they work quite a bit better without the image jump of tri-focals, and the rainbow edge that some people can see.

Hi All,

I wear prescription glasses with transistion lenses. Transistion lenses are great because they go dark in sunlight - especially very bright sunlight and are clear in dull or indoors. Very helpful for me as the sun tends to make my eyes water very easily. I don't have any idea of the strength of by glasses but, I do know that my left eye doesn't focus at all that well. Can't remember the name for this at all. Can any one help? I did have operation on my left eye when I was very young - maybe around 2 or 3 years old!

My left eye when I cover up my right eye - really jiggles about - so trying to focus on most objects - isn't easy (for obvious reasons). For this reason my optician or whatever they are called that measure eyesight and stuff like that are called doesn't recommend me to hve them at all - in case something happens to my right eye.

Susan

Miss Choccy

sounds like you have prism in your glasses, which is to help strengthen your cornea and your retina, as well as the surrounding eye muscles. people call this a "lazy eye" even though it doesnt have to look lazy.

tee hee. I love this thread.
90% of everyone who voted wheres glasses. I was teh one who voted for Rx glasses and contacts.

I have both glasses & contacts, but I don't wear the contacts much b/c they're harder for me to get into my eye and even harder to take off.

I have both glasses & contacts, but I don't wear the contacts much b/c they're harder for me to get into my eye and even harder to take off.

same here glasses and contacts. I prefer my glasses.

I found the flexy frames they make. Not my first choice, but after breaking 3-4 pairs of oakleys, I had to go with the cost effective option.

Tri-focals or progressive (the invisible kind?) they work quite a bit better without the image jump of tri-focals, and the rainbow edge that some people can see.

What I called transitional are probably what you are calling progressive. Yes, they have no lines and adjust easily from paperwork on my desk to the computer a little further away. I really like them.

Hi I have bi focals now, I dis like them very much. I have broke 3 pairs of glasses while szing . I posted because I just found a big cut/bruise on my head/ear from glasses and szing ,shew "what a pain" I am always afraid I will hurt my eye with them if Ihave a sz. Rick

I've been wearing glasses since I was six months old (my Mum was asked about it all the time) and I'll be wearing them forever! I'm not able to have laser surgery or wear contacts due to the shape of my eyes, but that's ok - I think they make me look smarter :-D

I don't have binocular vision - does anyone else have this?

Back
Top Bottom