Who's Got Glasses?

Who here

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

new glasses, :)

img_2189.jpg

I wear glasses... Left Eye -4.25 with a cylinder of -2.25
Right Eye -4.50 with a cylinder of -2.50... lol, they are coke bottles!

:pop:

Me too.......farsighted with +7.5 and + 8 and bifocals (getting old lol)

I'm wondering if there's a glasses/time spent on computer or games link? I know some say flashing lights are a trigger, but I'm wondering if there's something more scientific that's common among those with E?:ponder:

I love my glasses, because with them I can actually see! On when I get up, off when I go to bed. Progressive lenses, transitions that darken because of all the sun here. I can't read without them. Having blurring problems upon waking now, something new in the past year. Dr. says I'm growing cataracts too.

Mmmm

Well, I have them.

Do I wear them like I'm supposed to? Ermmmmm. *coughing* No, not always. Someone prods at me for it when I start squinting when I need to read fine print, but most of the time, I can get away without them.........:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I do wear them more often than not, though.

My right eye is lazy, my left eye is just starting to need glasses for reading- the last 5 years or so (and taking more tegretol doesn't help :ponder: )

I tried progressives but they were too confusing for my brain. I'm near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other. I have 2 pair, one for reading (I use these alot), and 1 for distance (to rest my good eye). Insurance thought the pairs were for 2 different people and I had to fight to get them covered. the first numbers on the prescription are -625 on one eye and + 025 on the other eye. There are other numbers not sure what they mean. I don't think that I would consider laser surgery- not sure how much of this blurry vision is from the teg.

Contacts here

I wear contacts. I tried bifocals but almost fell up/down stairs. Gave up wearing them. My eye doc told me I could try either bifocal contacts or use two different lenses. I tried the two different lenses, right eye +2.75 right eye and +1.00 left eye. It works well for me, but I may need to get a pair of glasses with a prescription lens in the left side and a plain glass on the right side for computer work (I do medical transcription 8 hrs a day at a computer then play most of the night on my home computer).

Pretty bad eyes myself, tempted to get laser eye surgery in the future, with lots more research first of course, just a possibility at the moment. I spend a lot of time on the computer which doesn't help.

i recently got a new pair after i lost my others by having a seizure on my bicycle,

Count Me In

Since taking Tregretol, I've been wearing glasses, can't see a thing without them.

Was born severly cross eyed, 8 surgeries later glasses for 6 years, then none again until I was in my 20s (cheaters for when I was tired and need to read in college), then real ones in my 40's getting thicker as I go along. 4 seizures over lifetime so not related, though more problems with focussing since lamictal, one of the optimologists said I could try switching meds but that idea scares me, would rather just deal.

I put that I wear glasses however I havent for around 4 months because I accidently sat on them and might have slightly.... accidently..... snapped them :/

Also be aware that blood sugar issues can cause changes in vision.
Do a google search if you want to learn more.

@court - handsome image... thanks for posting.

I think around 13 years back I started with my spectacles. Then went for contacts. Wore them for quite a lot of time, but one day I thought my mind is already messy, why now keep messing with the eyes, so now I wear specs only. Only sometimes I go for contacts. Once I had a seizure and my specs arm hurt me in the forehead. But anywayz..............I love my specs............they make my world beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom