Who's Got Glasses?

Who here

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've only recently started wearing glasses which are mainly for computer work & reading.

Have Glasses

Hi
Noticed I posted here over a yr. ago and said I had messed up 3 pairs of glasses with szs. Nothing like a little time to change things. UPDATE make that 5 pr. & I need and will soon get transitions that are also safety lenses coated scratch resistant all that ,like my old safety glasses for work, because they always seemed to last the longest. Am becoming slightly photosensitive it would be interesting to see how colored lenses effected that? I still "see" how they could hurt me real bad during szs. BUT I have also been saved several time from poking myself in the eye BECAUSE I had them on!:ponder: Be Careful Rick :e:

Everyone, if you need glasses, or have to replace yours, please look at Zenni. It's an online company with rave reviews and you can order glasses at a tiny fraction of the cost of buying from a brick and morter store. My friend recently bought 3 pr for $43 and that included shipping. She couldn't be happier!

http://www.zennioptical.com/

I'll be ordering mine later today and will post again on this thread once I receive them. It says it takes a few weeks.

I told my dad I need a new pair of glasses today, and told him basically how much a pair of contacts and oakleys are. I doubt he awares how strong they are, and thats why I am buying them. I got chewed out because of the price. Was reminded why I never talk to him about anything like that. and I will be saving up for a few months still.

I'm wondering if there's a glasses/time spent on computer or games link? I know some say flashing lights are a trigger, but I'm wondering if there's something more scientific that's common among those with E?:ponder:

nah I doubt it, out of all my friends I play games some of the least, I actually was always the one to spend some of the most time out side.

I've got my blue polarized ray bans for when it's just too bright out, a bad day, or I feel like playing some more games haha. Unfortunately my eyes do not like contacts so I have normal glasses too, but any kind of intense light or in class rooms or such with florescent lights haha got to wear my sunglasses. Sucks sometimes though, seeing the world in blue!

Happiness! I just got two new pairs of glasses! Real cool red ones for the computer. And funky brown and copper ones for long distance. New glasses can really give a boost...

Funny I just got my new ones this morning too. They have definatly lifted my spirits after trampling my bank account. My perscription changed quite a bit, you don't realize how much you don't see until you get to see it. Its kinda like switching from regular tv to HD

I need new glasses. My current ones are being held together with a well fashioned paperclip. I Keep saying I need to go to the eye doctor but my wife is betting it doesn’t happen until I break the things.... she is probably right.

I never have had the stomach to try contacts. The whole sticking your finger in your eye creeps me out. OR when people say they lost their contact in their eye! An eye is the last place you should lose something. I like to gage my vision on how well I can see the leaves on a tree. If it’s a green blob, it’s time to get new ones…. Or if they are held together by a paperclip : )

I wear both. My pescription changed ALOT after my first seizure.

I wear normal glasses, PLUS I have sunglasses (really good ones) for outside. Living in AZ, I need them!

I wear prescription glasses (bifocals) that are tinted for photosensitivity. My vision is corrected to 20/30 I have a +2.50 correction for reading. I have my eyes checked every six months because one of the drugs I take for RA (plaquenil) is very hard on the eyes.

Last edited:
I've mentioned a few times in replies and PM that this mid-April I did a face plant. Well my eye was black and blue mostly from landing on my glasses. I had a cut from the metal joint where the front piece and side pieces meet. sorry, I wear Trifocals, but since april I haven't worn them.

got a new pair of glasses a few days ago from a seizure on my bicycle, 400 total i think.

while riding home, had a seizure, someone picked me up while i was post tictal and moved me. I hate when people do that, so it took me a moment to realize i wore glasses and i had to figure out where i passed out and find my new pair of glasses.

i have a pair of prescription glasses i got about 1 1/2 years ago, they worked find for about 6 months, then went back to eye dr, discovered i wasnt seeing as well as i thought, got another prescription, which i never filled. went back to eye dr 2 months ago, he gave me another prescription, so now i have one pair of glasses and 2 un-filled prescriptions. I thought i'd wait till next eye exam before i filled either prescription, just in case he gives me another one. at this rate, i may never ever wear glasses.

Back
Top Bottom