worst possible place to have a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
worst possible place to have a seizure?

this was supposed to be a poll with four options:

a hospital,
a hospital,
a hospital,
or
a hospital

Last edited:
I will have option c please. Good options that I agree with I never knew medical people could panic so much at the site of someone having a seizure or be so stupid.

It all depends on which part of the hospital.

Hi, first time poster long time follower. My husband has epilepsy and he had a seizure the day after our son was born in the maternity ward. This was only the second one I had seen, (first being on the day I told him I was pregnant..true story)I FREAKED out. I blame it on all the hormones. They took him to the ER and the nurse was so shitty. Treating him like he faked it or something?!?! I was so upset because he smacked his head and wanted some Advil and she wouldn't give him anything. Agreed though, Hospitals suck for seizure time.

copied this from your first poll pete, lol there's two going :)

without putting any thought to it my first answer would be anywhere in water (tub, pool, ocean) for the added risk of drowning. has happened to me once so far but SO LUCKY my body fell out of the shower doors rather than staying in. will never forget that day.

and i know cint will jump in here anytime on that one... she unfortunately wasn't so lucky.

2nd answer... prob. on tv. how do you ever take that back, it's seen by many and filed forever. ughhh. i am so shy in public and i sure as hell couldn't handle it recorded. the unit was bad enough!!

I would say behind the wheel of a car. For the serious answer.

For the funny answer.....first date...going in for a kiss. Oye. :)

without putting any thought to it my first answer would be anywhere in water (tub, pool, ocean) for the added risk of drowning. has happened to me once so far but SO LUCKY my body fell out of the shower doors rather than staying in. will never forget that day.

and i know cint will jump in here anytime on that one... she unfortunately wasn't so lucky.

God that must have been so awful, for both of you.. I'd have to agree, water would be the worst place. That and driving.

Not nearly as serious but years ago I walked into my 1st year calculus final exam at University. Sat down and subsequently had a cp which almost generalized into at tc. I set the alarm on my watch, put my head down, and slept for an hour. Woke up, had two hours to write the exam, and finished it.. still managed a B+ somehow.

One time I had one on the second day of a job I just started.. I was at the bus stop and some guy started harassing a woman. I stepped in and sorted him out. But it was pretty stressful and I had a cp when I finally got to work.

My boss had to drive me home which took an hour and a half.. later that day I had another cp which turned into a tc. had to miss my third day of work.

A night club dance floor. (Dude what's the name of the crazy new dance?)
A church (Praise the lord, he's been touched by an angel)
The Titanic (Any questions?)
The Titanic II (we'll soon find out why)
A commercial fishing boat. (catch of the day)
Swimming (chum the water)
The Movies ($22.50 please., $22.50 please!!, Crowd behind you: $22.50 PLEASE!!!)
The Dentist chair. (Tell me if you feel any pain.)

On the top of a building if your looking down
a car
a plane
swimming
a bulldozer/ crane/ any construction equitment
shower/bath

I set the alarm on my watch, put my head down, and slept for an hour. Woke up, had two hours to write the exam, and finished it.. still managed a B+ somehow.

:clap: well done chris, good for you that's amazing.

riding down a hill while a bicycle a cop opens his door in front of me, I had a seizure.

don't mean to be so blunt court but is that the time you smashed your face into the pavement?

i have smashed my face a few times,

but nope,
i had a seizure during a turn at 20+ mph on bike in a turn ran ran in to a iron trash can face first.

another time had a seizure during a century passed out and put my teeth though my lip, and totaled a bike.

another time, psychotic break just sat on the curb and smashed my face on the concrete and destroyed the front of my mouth

have done worse to myself, but the list just goes on

ooh yes, into the trash can, that's the one i was thinking of.
hugs man, you've had it rough.

the only similar story i have is tripping (which i'll swear to forever) over a big crack in the sidewalk with my dress shoes one night on the way back to a hotel. went face first into a bench, woke up in the morning with part of both my front teeth missing.
not a seizure tho :)

That is not right!!! I hope you filed a complaint. I'm sorry that happened oh my god that's terrible.
Hi, first time poster long time follower. My husband has epilepsy and he had a seizure the day after our son was born in the maternity ward. This was only the second one I had seen, (first being on the day I told him I was pregnant..true story)I FREAKED out. I blame it on all the hormones. They took him to the ER and the nurse was so shitty. Treating him like he faked it or something?!?! I was so upset because he smacked his head and wanted some Advil and she wouldn't give him anything. Agreed though, Hospitals suck for seizure time.

Gees... I agree with everyone! My typical grand mals happen in the bathroom.... pants down in front of EVERYONE!!! but I have had one right after grocery shopping it was a blizzard I fell right down into the slushy nasty snow with a cart full of groceries. I also had one on a walk... it just so happens that I had to have one as I was walking past a bar... good lord people had to think I was drunk. Lol

Back
Top Bottom