• English/Language

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Social Studies/History

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 35 15.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My son is 12 special needs, he can do puzzles better than any one I know. And he knows all the states, and countries and there capitals. Population, how hot or cold it gets there. But he has social problems and problems in Math. He just got Money. That is all he talks about now. lol

my worst subjects have to be math and gym. i always seem to have absences in gym (bright lights and shiny floors) and i freeze and get trampled or hit in the face, so i stopped doing rough things out of fear. according to the school that's not a legit reason to get out of gym, i still have to do it. stupid child study team people. and i just found out that until last week, they weren't notifying substitutes of my condition. thats helpful.

The room causes seizures, and they think it's not a reason to quit participating? CRAZY. Would they allow you to compromise and offer up an alternative activity, like running outside during that period. Or something else. Then you get the exercise but don't get the seizures.

the teacher thankfully understands endless, and if i'm having an off day he lets me not participate, but thats him, not the school telling him too.

Well honestly I have no idea... I am pretty good at school.

It is not maths because I got A in the GCSE, it is not English got an A* in that. I did not do history beyond year 9 but that is only because I did not like the Syllabus but I love history overall.

I am going to say my worst subject is probably science simply because I only got a C in both my science GCSE's and I got no lower than a B in all my other subjects.

Nichole, what is a GCSE? That must be before my time, I am 67 years old.

Oh sorry a GCSE is a qualification you get in the UK at the age fo 16 when you finish compulsory education.
They used to be called O-Levels.

I AM shocked that you would not have science on the list! Science teacher here!!

I should also point out, I didnt have epilepsy in high school. And I graduated like third in my class, and was voted several of those silly things I try not to talk about.

These days I just hang out with a few other social retards and life works well.

Geometry, Writing (oh the humiliation). :paperbag: That pretty much strikes me out of everything.

Aubrey, you write well. You just did!!

I had to take Geometry 2 times. I still did not understand it. That was the end of my math career.

Thank you Ruth. I appreciate that. Fortunately, I will have an opportunity to redeem myself soon, where writing is concerned, anyway.

Before my head injuries, I was extremely good at math. I lost all of my math abilities. But Social Studies/ History has never been my forte.

Worst subjects - English, Drama, Art. Anything that requires the right side of my brain. (which is where the scarring is - thanks to forceps)

Best subjects - Geography, Math, Physics, History.

The Americans massacred the correct translation of fried potatoes. It's "pommes de terre grille". :D

Another question: how come one company in a small village in my province is the world's largest marketer & supplier of French fries?? :ponder: True!!

I always thought it was the McCain Factory in manitoba... unless your from manitoba??

Im actually really well at math. i graduated at 16, cum laude and with honours. the only subject i had issues with was english. I was stubborn and refused to read books that had no meaning and do projects on super hero movies. i cant figure out why we are forced to take a course in high school on a language we speak. by the high school period you should know how to read and write and spell etc. nobody cares about haiku's in school. at least in Canada.

I finally voted...

I put other. because after thinking about it, there wasnt much that I was bad at during school. I know that sounds awfully conceited but I was able to do everything but just didnt care to do it. It came really easy and I got bored with continueing to prove that I could do the same thing 65 million times.

The only class I failed was grade 10 art, because my teacher wanted me to paint trees, and I wanted to draw people and cartoons and comics and darker stuff. So he failed me. mostly because he didnt like my art and i wasnt following his ciriculum. Came close to failing English because I cared less about it. Again, how does the book "The Salesman" matter to me??

The class I hated the msot was Gym... I hate physical excerise. I was good at hockey and football.

I finally voted...

I put other. because after thinking about it, there wasnt much that I was bad at during school. I know that sounds awfully conceited but I was able to do everything but just didnt care to do it. It came really easy and I got bored with continueing to prove that I could do the same thing 65 million times.

The only class I failed was grade 10 art, because my teacher wanted me to paint trees, and I wanted to draw people and cartoons and comics and darker stuff. So he failed me. mostly because he didnt like my art and i wasnt following his ciriculum. Came close to failing English because I cared less about it. Again, how does the book "The Salesman" matter to me??

The class I hated the msot was Gym... I hate physical excerise. I was good at hockey and football.
I was talking with a friend today that is a few years older and we both agreed when we were in college at young age we were just disgusted with our teachers at that age that we just closed our minds to what they were teaching. Now I am at a mature enough age to take on higher education.

I would go with almost the same answer as Rae. As long as I actually bothered giving even a little bit of effort in a class, I did good at it. Gym was the only class that I ever did bad in. I used to just sit and read during class (except when we played raquetball, that was the only time I think I ever got an A in gym). But that was all over 15 years ago. I do wish I tried a bit harder.

Ok, well I put history/social studies. I wasn't too bad in history. Social Studies was a different matter, though. That and civics. Pretty much anything that had to do with politics or governments. :zacepi:

Maths all the way,never got the hang of it,still dont have the hang of it.Wasnt to bad at History,English and Biology though.

Back
Top Bottom