Chicken stock

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Molly97

New
Reaction score
For this chicken stock, I buy "Smart Chicken" brand of chicken, usually legs, that is free range, no hormones, no antibiotics, no MSG, no nothing. If you find this brand too pricey(and it is), I recommend "Pilgrim's Pride;" it has no hormones or antibiotics and it is about 1/2 the price of the "Smart Chicken" in my neck of the woods(NE Okla).

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/detail.asp?docid=5164

Bon Appetit!

Hmmm

We don't have the Smart Chicken brand over this way.....although I have yet to make a trip to the Whole Foods stores in Indy yet. They might. Pilgrim's Pride I've seen, and their price isn't too horrible. I just may have to switch.

We don't have the Smart Chicken brand over this way.....although I have yet to make a trip to the Whole Foods stores in Indy yet. They might. Pilgrim's Pride I've seen, and their price isn't too horrible. I just may have to switch.

My butcher advocates the Smart Chicken brand; his words to me were that you get what you pay for. Garbage in, ill health and garbage out.

Back
Top Bottom