[GARD/GFCF] Kefir Cucumber Dressing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
Make as a compliment to any spicy dish, typically a curry, or as a cooling dressing on a salad

Serves 4

1 cup plain kefir
1 cucumber
1 TBL lemon or lime juice
2 TBL fresh mint
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp honey or 5 drops stevia

Peel, de-seed and dice the cucumber
Loosely chop the mint leaves.
Add the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly
Add the cucumber and mint and mix again

what the heck is a Kefir. Like Keifer Sutherland *yum, Keifer Sutherland!*

Just as a suggestion Rae, you can put the word into a Google search and read all you want on a subject.

Here is what I pulled up for you from Wikipedia:

Kefir (alternately kefīrs, keefir, kephir, kewra, talai, mudu kekiya, milkkefir, búlgaros) is a fermented milk drink that originated in the Caucasus region. It is prepared by inoculating cow, goat, or sheep's milk with kefir grains. Traditional kefir was made in skin bags that were hung near a doorway; the bag would be knocked by anyone passing through the doorway to help keep the milk and kefir grains well mixed[citation needed]. Dairy-free alternatives are available, such as coconut milk kefir and soy milk kefir.

Seems to be good for GI balance of enzymes and good bacteria

Actually, this

sounds pretty good. I'm going to have to give it a try, I think. If I can find one made from goat's milk......

If you can find local raw goats milk maybe you could just make some yourself?

Mint is out for us as can be a seizure trigger in children, the menthol ...

I did not know that.
I have been using sheeps cheese, but I doubt there are many goat farms here in Los Angeles. I will see if Whole Foods carries raw goat milk though.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom