[MA] Almond Pie Crust (and Coconut Cream Pie)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
1 cup soyflower ( maybe can substitute?)
1/2 cup ground almonds
2 packets sugar substitute
pinch cinnamon
1/2 cup butter chilled

preheat oven to 400'f
Stir first 4 ingredients together. Cut in butter.Work well into dry ingredients.
Cover with wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour
Place in pie pan patting crumb mixture over sides ans bottom with back of spoon. Use fork tines to decorate edges of pie crust and to pricj holes in bottom and sides of crust. Place empty disposable pie plate over pie(to keep from puffing) Bake for 30 minutes until solid and brown around edges. remove second pan, cover edges with foil and allow center to brown thoroughly ( about 5 min to cool)

42.1 grams carb's

[MA} Coconut Cream Pie

1/2 cup coconut(no sugar added)
1/8 cup Cointreau
1 table spoon butter
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
6 packets sugar substitute
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 recipe pie shell backed (optional)

place Coconut in flameproof bowl. heat cointreau and ignite. pour over coconut (flames will be high) Heat butter in skillet. add coconut and lightly toast it. remove 2 tablespoons toasted coconut and set aside. add one cup heavy cream to skillet . simmer 4 minutes. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. mix well to dissolve . add to cream mixture . simmer and stir until it begins to thicken . remove from heat add three packets of sugar substitute . beat egg whites until still with one packet sugar substitute. fold egg whites into cool cream mixture.Pour mixture into pie plate sprayed with oil substitute , or into prepared and backed pie shell. Refrigerate until firm Beat 1 1/2 cups heavy cream with vanilla and two packets of sugar substitute . Pile on top of firm cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving Sprinkle with reserved coconut.

total carbs 37.7
Grams cargs per serving 3.7
servings 10

Last edited:
Im pretty sure you can find sugar free coconut pie filling which would be much easier than this flaming recipe.... you can toast coconut in the oven also... as far as the other ingredients its all good :)

thanks justin :) made my mouth water also but looks like alot of work!!

Yummy! Your making me think of my Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes I have to start getting out and together. Alot of baking to do but very good to eat. ;)

Back
Top Bottom