Sugar substitute

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
This is not a recipe, however it is an ingredient, that is why I am putting it in this section.

My husband helps out a lot with the shopping and he brought home an interesting new product from Whole Foods. It is called Wholesome sweeteners, Organic Zero. It has zero calories, zero on the Glycemic Index and Zero Artificial.

Here is what it says on the package:

Tastes and looks like sugar, because it is made just from sugar.

Wholesome Sweeteners' Organic Zero is produced from Organic Sugar Cane Juice, which is naturally fermented and crystallized to create the first Organic Erythritol. Erythritol is a naturally occurring sugar that is found in our bodies, as well as fruits and fermented foods such as soy sauce.

Organic Erythritol is the only ingredient in Wholesome Sweeteners' Organic Zero. No added Flavors or Intensive Sweeteners.

You can use Organic Zero where you would use regular sugar and enjoy it without worrying about calories or artificial "nasties!" Organic Zero is clean-tasting; it has no intense sweetener aftertaste and no unpleasant digestive side-effects. It is even "tooth-friendly" as it reduces the plaque build-up which helps prevent tooth decay.

Perfect for sweetening hot and cold beverages, sprinkled on cereal and fruit, as well as baking - the ideal organic replacement for artificial sweeteners. Organic Zero is 70% as sweet as sugar so you may want to use a little more to sweeten your favorite food or drink, but with Zero Calories and Zero on the Glycemic Index you can indulge with Zero - Guilt.

Organic Zero is suitable for diabetics, calorie-counter, senior, kids & vegetarians. Everyone Basically.

www.OrganicZero.com

I apologize, I do not know the cost.

Thanks for the information Robin. If its not to expensive I might try it. I'm a diabetic. It might help when I want to add it to my coffee. I probally won't do it that much. I mostly drink my coffee black.

Thanks for sharing that! I am very weary of aspertame and the like, so this is great news to know there is an organic, safe, and halthy alternative!

Back
Top Bottom