[LGIT] Zucchini (zoodles) Spaghetti

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
*I'm not sure if this really qualifies for the LGIT but it was the closest thing to it... (at least I think):ponder: Please correct me if I'm incorrect!

I've recently discovered spiralized vegetables from this recipe and have been on a spiralizing binge ever sense. It turns your vegetables into noodle like shapes and you can make spaghetti, lasagna, fries, chips, rice, muffins, etc. (Basically turns veggies and fruit into carb like foods but without the actual carbs). This was the first spiralized recipe I made and it was delicious so I wanted to share.

Zucchini Pasta with Chicken Sausage, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese:

INGREDIENTS

1 large zucchini or equivalent of 1lb (1 or 2 depending on the size)
½ sweet onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb chicken sausage
½ cup dry white wine
4oz tomato sauce/stewed tomatoes (can use hunts as a base for a quick meal)
½ cup sun dried tomatoes
2oz feta cheese

DIRECTIONS

Spiralize your zucchini and set-aside
Heat oil in the pan, dice onions and garlic and sauté until tender
Remove the casing from the sausage (cut lengthwise with a knife and pull meat out of the casing) then add the meat to the hot pan and sautee until done. The pan should be getting hot and the sausage should be creating brown bits at the bottom of the pan
Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping up all of those brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the wine reduce by half
Add the tomato sauce (be careful not to add too much! Your sauce should be thick – when you add the zucchini, the natural waters in the zucchini will make the sauce thinner)
Add the sundried tomatoes and the zucchini pasta and let the sauce thicken (about 5 minutes)
Crumble feta on the top and serve

NUTRITION FACTS

Recipe makes: 4 servings; each serving: 315 calories, 20g fat, 10g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 26g protein

I replaced the tomato sauce with pesto sauce and used fresh tomatoes instead, still yummy.

I can't post links but if search inspiralized on Google then you will find a ton of recipes. :)

Back
Top Bottom