Mum-of-two dies from epileptic seizure while bathing children...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-two-dies-epileptic-fit-9212700

"Mum-of-two dies from epileptic seizure while bathing children who then put themselves to bed thinking she was asleep.
:(

7 Nov 2016 By Tom Donnelly

Jamie Leigh Twidale, 24, was found slumped over the bathtub when her children, aged three and four, failed to turn up for school the next morning.

The youngsters thought their mother was asleep and climbed naked into her bed at their home in Hartlepool, Co Durham.

The children's grandmother Elizabeth Twidale was called by the school after they couldn't get an answer from Jamie Leigh and she went round to the house to check on them.

When she got to the home on October 31, she found her daughter slumped over the bath and the children undressed in their mother's room.

Elizabeth said: "The school had tried to ring Jamie, but couldn't get an answer. They knew about her epilepsy and called me.

"When I got to the house I could see the kids' uniforms ready and it was really quiet.

"I was shouting for Jamie, but couldn't get an answer.

"I went up the stairs and could see Harley wasn't in his room, and when I turned I could see into the bathroom and saw Jamie slumped over the bath."

Elizabeth said the children then came out of the bedroom of the house but thought their mummy had just been sleeping.

That is sad story to hear. :( The kids are too young to fully understand right away.

A sad reminder e should be treated as smoking gun.it rare but happens far more than it should

Very sad. You got to live it while you can.

Yep.many times I put things off just incase but that not way to live.ya got seize the day.then I go though periods this is bullshit taking this medication but sad things like this pull me up

A very sad reminder of just how deadly this disorder can be. No one should ever take it lightly. I've come close several times. Suffered numerous accidents because of stupid seizures. Suffered severe burns, too, because of my first TC while in the shower. They say the bathing area can be the one of the most dangerous places in the home for those suffering from seizures. Be careful and have someone check on you if seizures are not controlled.
I also met another woman who lost her daughter to SUDEP. The daughter was only 16 years of age. So very sad.

I stopped going to local meetings there was always someone ther who nearest and dearest died then I met lady who two sons died with it an last awful one going to 16 yr olds funeral.ultimatly life is Russian ruelet.You can only do what you know keep odds in your favour.Still a miss understood condition

Very sad story to read. I am very happy to read those children were old enough not to drown in the tub, being unsupervised.

Back
Top Bottom