Remembering Rachael

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JaneC

New
Reaction score
I never met Rachael but know people who knew her. She passed away a year ago today after a seizure. I think she was 22. This happened immediately after my daughter started having seizures again so it really struck a chord. Thinking of her poor family.

:e:

Thanks for sharing your memory of her (indirect as it is).

thank you jane. so so sad but good to post and remind us all regularly that these things really do happen and not get too cozy, ignoring the reality of it all.
oh her daughter is so adorable.

very hard to hear this. A sad part of the epilepsy story.

Thanks for your replies. I did swither about posting for fear of upsetting people. I know it's a tough subject but I don't think it's one we can afford to shy away from, no matter how much we want to.

It does also serve as a reminder of how precious our loved ones with epilepsy are x

My Dad died when I was 22 (he 52)...and I learned
then to celebrate one's life! Granted, we all have to go through grieving
for the loss of a loved one, whether young or old. However, healing is
helped *greatly* by celebrating the wonderful times you DID have with that
person.

I now know 10 young people who ALL took their own lives, thanks to $cientology.Life is precious and we each need to keep that in mind: Life rolls on: DON'T MISS IT.

My love and blessings to the families and loved ones who did lose loved ones ...especially at such a young age, due to seizures. (((hugs))) :rose:
Tory/Magoo

I am sorry to hear this but like qtowngirl said its good to be reminded of this.

Another young life lost to epilepsy. Nathan was 19 and he and his 17-year-old partner had a five-month-old baby. So tragic.

Back
Top Bottom