Acupuncture

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks for the links. I will look into it.
do you have any idea if insurance covers it? My problem is lack of time. I go to work, come home and several nights a week care for my grandson. He has severe autism so it's not like I can even look away for one minute. We usually take him to an indoor pool, it is very energy draining.[/QUOTE

You will have to check with your insurer to see if they cover it or not. Also, check with whoever you plan to see for treatment. Scheduling might be a problem for you, but when you call to make an appointment, just let them know what times you are able to go. Working and caring for your granson, you might benefit in unexpected ways from the training. While you are looking into it, you may want to try a Google search on "autism neurofeedback." Some study has been done with this. I haven't looked into it. Also, go back and check the threads here on neurofeedback. We had some dicussions on it and I wrote one article about Robin N's daughter's experience with it. Here's a link to a fairly recent article about it.

Brainwave Neurofeedback for Autism: Can It Help? | Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/.../brainwave-neur...
Psychology Today
Jun 12, 2013 - Teaching children with autism to control their own brainwaves through neurofeedback may help to improve their symptoms.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...06/brainwave-neurofeedback-autism-can-it-help
I quickly read the second link. It sounds hopeful. I bookmarked it for my son.

The first link isn't good. I got an error message but I will google more about it.

The first link is only partial, the second is the same link, one article there-sorry I forgot to edit it out before posting.

I talked my son about acupuncture he sceptical doctor but changed his mind seen a lot people helped with it he don't know how to explain it.My chinease doc he do straight forward pulse then acupuntrist pulse god knows difference his English bad hard explain

Back
Top Bottom