Neurofeedback - Rebecca's Story

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Her last seizure was in March, Ruth.

I am still nervous that I will no know enough because moving metals around in the body can be quite dangerous, if not done correctly. I think Andy scares anyone enough to not take this lightly. ALA has the potential to cross the blood brain barrier. It must be used at frequent low doses, to move the toxins out of the system.

Shelley - I was looking for the info that was deleted above. Perhaps this info will be helpful:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=51e0b66d5ea4dc88d85b3a3af0925e0a
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=1aa3ed7f589475af5d3ab82b1eff8120

Ala

I have seen personal improvement while on it. I seem to be a little smarter, a little sharper than what I was one year ago.
Unfortunately, we are always going to find a way to ingest toxic metals, no matter how careful we are. Thank all the coal fired electric generators and whatever other smelters.

Yes I agree with that, but there are some people who have a system that excretes these metals naturally, and the way the body was intended to do so. Others, like my daughter who has some problem with excreting them. Working on figuring that out. Many with children on the autistic spectrum see the same issue. Once the metals are out however, they see improvement with yeast/eczema/intestinal problems, and thus neurological improvement. I guess the body is able to absorb the proper nutrients for brain function.
How much ALA are you taking? and how often?

Her last seizure was in March, Ruth.

I am still nervous that I will no know enough because moving metals around in the body can be quite dangerous, if not done correctly. I think Andy scares anyone enough to not take this lightly. ALA has the potential to cross the blood brain barrier. It must be used at frequent low doses, to move the toxins out of the system.

Shelley - I was looking for the info that was deleted above. Perhaps this info will be helpful:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=51e0b66d5ea4dc88d85b3a3af0925e0a
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=1aa3ed7f589475af5d3ab82b1eff8120
If you do not have a User Name and Password, click the "Register to Purchase" button below to purchase this article.

Price: US $ 31.50

A lot

I take 250mg capsules twice a day. I have been excreting a lot of yellow/green colored waste.
I feel as tho' I have a lot more since I was born this way and somewhat underweight.

If you do not have a User Name and Password, click the "Register to Purchase" button below to purchase this article.

Price: US $ 31.50

I think I will take a pass. I can find enough good research that is FREE

I take 250mg capsules twice a day. I have been excreting a lot of yellow/green colored waste.
I feel as tho' I have a lot more since I was born this way and somewhat underweight.

Are you working with someone on this dose. Because from what I have read on the frequent-celation. Yahoo group I read, this is a very dangerous way to take this supplement. What you are doing is moving the metals around and there is something called a half life. It moves the metals into other organs, and you can cause some extreme problems.

Also, when you are moving metals around, it also can increase yeast. So this could be why your waste is not normal in appearance. Do you do anything for yeast/fungal control?

Hi Robin,

Congratulations on 4 months seizure free. I know that you are doing the right things to stop Rebecca's seizures.

Shelley, you are doing something wrong since you are excreting yellow/green colored waste. That is not natural and I recommend you go to your doctor about it. You also mentioned coal. Do you believe that is a good thing? People who worked in coal mines died early from the coal. Black lung disease.

Robin, I don't work with anybody on any dosage. I haven't found any dosage level online. I thought I was supposed to build up slowly, as with all supplements.

Feast, I know all the coal fired electric plants are a dangerous, as they give off toxic metals such as mercury. I was not praising these people at all.
I also know that my waste should be more brown than green. I always thought it was due to my not eating that much red meat.

Last edited:
Hi Shelley, I do not eat much red meat as it has to much saturated fat. That is unless it is lean meat. Even that has some saturated fat.

My waste is brown. I am sorry about the coal. There are charcocaps that say they get rid of toxins. They are from coal and a lot of people do not know that. I am glad you do. I know you are very educated. Your waste should never be green, no matter what you are eating. Something is wrong and you need to talk to your doctor about it ASAP.

I care about you.

Robin, I don't work with anybody on any dosage. I haven't found any dosage level online. I thought I was supposed to build up slowly, as with all supplements.

Andy would stomp his feet and tell you that you are doing yourself harm. He would say STOP right now.
Here are some posts that were collected from the Yahoo group:
http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/ANDY_INDEX.html

Also Shelley - Do you have any amalgams in your mouth (silver fillings)?

Last edited:
Also Shelley - Do you have any amalgams in your mouth (silver fillings)?[/QUOTE said:
Filling are now the white porcelain or whatever modern materials are used
The dentist I had when I was a kid did nothing but drill for cavities. I think that the majority of them were not present, he just drilled.

You should be extra careful to be sure there is no silver filling underneath the "modern material". If not the ALA will move that mercury from the filling into the body. I too had a lot of dental work when I was a child, and now my mouth is full of amalgams. It would take far too much $$ to replace them. Though I am going to slowly get this done.

Hi Robin,

I too, had mercury fillings put in my teeth when I was a child. I did not know that they can be taken out. I have dental insurance so I will see what can be done to get them out.

Hi Robin,

I have good insurance. All of the dentists love it. They say we have the best. I am worried about the mercury getting into my body, though.

Ruth

Something is working that is for sure. No seizures to report at all.

We are going to do our third round of chelation starting today. I hope by the end of the year, to see some postitive results such as energy levels, hormonal balance and elimination of constipation. The lack of seizures is the most positive news I can have at the moment.

I am going to let her get her driving permit in a month, and go practice some skills on the road with an adult. Then I hope by the years mark (6 months in CA), we can consider letting her drive locally.

Truly seeing the light at the end of a long dark tunnel here. She began HS with a seizure and this is her Senior year. I hope she will make it seizure free. Something to celebrate, to be sure. I am considering pulling together an article for her school paper, on how important nutrition is, and how sometimes even the most unsuspecting thing can flip your life upside down.

I suggest that if you haven't yet dissected your nutritional choices that you consider doing so. It has made a world of difference for us.

WOW!!! Thats great!!! You should really be proud of yourself. Your super human efforts have certainly paid off. Continued success.

joan*

Back
Top Bottom