Neurofeedback - Rebecca's Story

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

@Endless - feeling good, just need to catch up on all the required testing at my age.
Some I have denied, for personal reasons. Keeping up with my supplements, has kept me migraine free for over 6 yrs, and I haven't been sick in more than 3 yrs.

@Nakamova - yes it is challenging but Rebecca is learning that she does have a role to play in her healing.

@Rae - no I just edited the post. It was 20 sec. Not sure if it was just a fainting spell or not. I didn't see it, and if her blood sugar went wacko, who knows what it was.

@joan - yes she is doing well. We did get confirmation after her most recent blood work, that she is High Risk for Diabetes. And the GYN office called today to tell her that she has abnormal cells found in the pap smear. She told her this is normal :/ and that she should make another appointment in a month. It's never ending.

My blood work came back normal, except... I have to be rechecked as I have low white blood cell count. Always something.

Now for the clincher... didn't really want to discuss this here, but you have all become part of my family.
So the latest news in my household... is that my husband of 27 years told me on Valentines Day that he is going to file for divorce. Yup... quite romantic.

I am doing well... and am strong. We will get through this one too, and make the next chapter even better than the last one.

Though this is why I am not on CWE as much these days. A lot to deal with at the moment. Oh... in addition, my son deploys in a few days to the Middle East.

Stress... just a bit.

Love you all

Oh, Robin. I am so, so very sorry to hear about you and your husband. I think divorce is one of the most difficult things we ever face in life. Such big hugs for you. I wish I was there in person.

And he told you on valentines day? IMHO, that kind of insensitivity says that you deserve better. A lot better.

Your son is going to the middle east? oh, my. That's so hard, too. But the military will take care of him. His well-trained self will zig when he's supposed to zig, and zag when he's supposed to zag. He is safe.

Low white blood count. Will you let us know how your appointment comes out?

<<<<<<MORE BIG HUGS>>>>>>

Thanks a bunch.... and yes I will let you know the outcome.

I forgot to mention that today Rebecca started a new job.
She is working here:

robinn-albums-11-artwork-picture2113-fair-oaks-pharmacy-soda-fountain.jpg

Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain, watercolor
Interesting that I would paint this a few months before she was hired.

Last edited:
You should feel so proud for all you have done for them and thier success. Please give my thanks to your son for his service. It is appreciated. Also Congrats Becca!! Nice job!! And what a talented Mommy artist.

Try and get lost in your art, I bet it will bring you much comfort. The other thing? Says more about him, than you. You remain the wonderful, determined, successful momma you are!

Hugs....

joan*

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't know you but I have read your story with great interest and I just want to say that you are SUCH an amazing mother and you deserve such wonderful care and attention and love yourself. Your husband should be showering you with love and attention after all the time and energy you've put into taking care of your daughter. Shame on him but you'll be fine.

Robin, that sucks. He told you on Valentine's Day? Aaargh. My heart goes out to you, I know how painful that can be for all concerned. You do so well taking care of others, please make sure you are taking care of your self as well.

Amazing Pic

I forgot to mention that today Rebecca started a new job.
She is working here:

robinn-albums-11-artwork-picture2113-fair-oaks-pharmacy-soda-fountain.jpg

Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain, watercolor
Interesting that I would paint this a few months before she was hired.

Please send congrats to Rebecca. You must be so proud of her.

AWESOME painting. Robin, have you considered art as a career? (Or maybe it is already) Your paintings are amazing.

I have been making my way in the art world for the past 4 yrs. Winning recognition Best of Show awards, and selling some of my work. However, it just isn't enough to sustain me. I will always find a way to keep art in my life. My current situation has thrown a kink in all of the plans I had been pursueing.

I am however, starting a business, where I will combine my design skills with social media management. I am excited. Keep your eye out for the launch of:

neu connections

In the mean time...
I am going to have the above professionally photographed and made into notecards. Here's hoping the store will want to sell them.

Thanks all ... for your support. It helps to keep me moving forward.

{{prayers for all those in uniform, protecting this great country}}

That was amazing!!!!

How is Rebecca doing on the seizure front?
How have you been doing on the separation front?
How did your appointment about the white blood cell count go?

Thank you all...
I never tire of watching her... especially when she is skating for the pure joy of it.

She remains seizure free Rae. Her body still is challenged each month, but it doesn't put her into a seizure. Feeling faint, stomach aches, etc
Living the life of a young adult, she is not as careful as I would want... but she now has to accept responsibility for it. It is working for the time being.

I am doing as well as can be expected in my "new" life. Making changes and reinventing myself can be challenging at times, but keeping a positive attitude is moving me forward.

Your question about the WBC has prompted me to call my doctor today. I have been remiss and put it off. Lots of things to take care of while I still have insurance :/

Dear Robin, How beautiful. Isn't it so fun watching our children excel? My father-in-law for several years financed my son AND ME up and down the U.S. Western (Pacific) Coast for him to participate and me watch him in his karate tournaments. HE WAS GOOD. At the end of each tournament the tradition was for me to have my picture taken with him with me holding his trophetes.

His karate got him ready to serve 4 yrs. overseas in the Navy. I'm blessed that he is home safely and actually he is getting married a week from tomorrow. It is going to be hard to let him go. Lonnie

I have a son who is a Marine and serving active duty. It is a proud moment.

I hope you share a picture of your proud moment next week.
Thank you for your comment.

Hi Robin,

I want to thank you for sharing Rebecca story. I cann't say that I understand but I intend to do some home work on this.

Thank you jyearta,
If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

The other night just the ambulance ride to the ER was $1000 and that does not include any of the care once at the ER.

OMG!!!! I knew medical care in the US was expensive but $1000? I thought my $400 bill, which included 2 ambulances, because of my thrashing about, was expensive.

I have come to realise that we are indeed a lucky country here in Australia when it comes to health care. That ambulance fee was the only thing we had to pay for, which included 24 hours in ER and 6 days in an Intensive Care ward, EEG's, MRI's, medication, follow up's with the Neuro, and 6 weeks of counseling after discharge. All free.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but am just amazed at what you guys have to pay.

Thank you RobinN for sharing this wonderful story. I know it sounds corny but people such as yourself actually make me realise how precious we all are to each other. Peace and love to you and your family.

Last edited:
Hi RobinN. You mentioned during this thread the "seizure threshold". I have gone through the thread again but can't find your exact post. I suppose I am being lazy, but rather than search on Google, are you able to give a 'layman's' explanation regarding this term?

Also, I noticed in your photographs, your daughter sitting in front of a computer taking part in neurofeedback exercises. Are they being conducted at the clinic, or have you purchased the software etc, to allow you to take part in these exercises at home?

Back
Top Bottom