Neurofeedback - Rebecca's Story

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

oh Robin!

Enjoy every minute together......

so happy for you both!

You rock!

wow that went fast
Rebecca is now in the Middle East. Qatar to be precise. They have never had an ice show there, so this is a new experience for everyone. In fact the Disney Princesses have to wear leggings, and cover their shoulders to be respecting the customs of the country.

She will come home for a couple of weeks, then fly to Kentucky to visit with her BF's family. Come home for a couple of weeks, then fly to NY to spend the weekend with her dad and his friends in The Hampton's.

She will then fly to Chicago mid August to start rehearsals for the next tour.
One busy lady.

Hi Robin,
I always enjoy reading your updates on Rebecca & it is so good to see that everything is going well for her :).

She must be racking up the frequent flyer mileage! At least you get to see her for a bit in between all that travel. It's terrific that she continues to be healthy and happy.

Actually I will have to ask her. I am not sure that she personally gets the rewards for her miles flown.

She suffered some ill health while in Qatar. The weather was a struggle for her, and she has made the decision to attempt to eat in the manner she knows is best for her health. Three shows a day will put

I've been to Qatar before (consulting work). It's brutally hot during the day. The hotels I stayed at had fantastic food.

Hope Rebecca enjoys the rest of her trip over there.

Robin, thank you for sharing your experiences here! I am in the early stages of learning about seizures and epilepsy. You and the many others who post on here are an incredibly valuable source of information. I agree with you that poor nutrition is the root cause of most health problem and if we can correct the poor nutrition we should be able to correct or improve most health problems. Your perseverance is a wonder to behold! I am thankful that your daughter is doing so well! It is very encouraging for someone just starting out on this journey. I am learning how to make lemonade from a new (to me anyway) kind of lemon. Any advice, thoughts or prayers will be thankfully accepted. I will be posting about our experiences soon. Thank you again. Shelly

Hi Shelly,
I appreciate your kind words. It hasn't been an easy journey, and yet certainly worth the cost (figuratively speaking)
Stay strong, remain open minded, remember that conventional medicine is as much in the dark as most of their patients on the subject of seizures and whole body health. Keep notes, stay determined even when there is a set back, learn from the challenges and always be grateful that you were given this wake up call. Not everyone is so lucky. Many ignore their symptoms until it is too late.
If you have specific questions use the boards and private messaging to ask.
Remember, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by choosing a path of good nutrition.

Hi Robin..
You have inspired me and given me courage. thanks to you i heard about NF and for the first time have hope that i might be seizure free and not have to take anymore medication.. im searching for a clinic here in sydney as its hard to find one but hope it will work. all the best to you and rebecca.
bornova.

Today Rebecca had the opportunity to meet Bernard and his family. She sent me a text from TX that they are very very nice people. :tup:
Thank you once again Bernard, for giving me a safe environment to find answers for my girl. I fell very blessed that this introduction was made today.
Hugs to you and yours.

I only wish we had had a bit of time to sit and chat instead of the few minutes we had to meet and exchange pleasantries. No way I could express the joy I felt in finally getting a chance to meet her after sharing her journey through Robin's words all these years.

amazing:) short and sweet way better than never

My Son is just about to wrap up neurotherapy, after 2 solid years....will post on results, back in my old post, been a good ride I might add.

You say it well Robin, "giving me (us) a safe environment to find answers for my girl (my boy)" I feel so much the same, huge thanks to Bernard.

and.... I am leaving on Saturday to go celebrate my girl's 22nd BDay in Texas.
Every hug is a treat.

Thank you so much for detailing your journey! We are just beginning our own trip down epilepsy road and I have learned so much from this. I wish you and Rebecca a happy and healthy 2014!

Latest update:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just so happy for you both. She is living her dreams, which is a precious gift! BRAVO!! xo

Hi Robin, I enjoyed the trip you took us through in raising Rebecca.

Thank you for letting me enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom