damn straight they will!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
the 'mel and nat movement' took a big leap a few weeks back in TO (mel her sixth tattoo, me my first). it umbrellas everything in our lives, with by far the main one being E and the necessity of brain surgery.
between us there's not much that hasn't happened with this hellish disease, and this daily reminder really helps... for those of you in the middle of epilepsy's wrath pls know it does get easier, even if it takes 20 years... these days will pass. we put them on the sides of our surgeries :)

Attachments

• these days will pass - mel and nat.jpg
    these days will pass - mel and nat.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
So cool!

I hope that the bad days pass by quickly, but that you are savoring the good days to the utmost.

the 'mel and nat movement' took a big leap a few weeks back in TO (mel her sixth tattoo, me my first). it umbrellas everything in our lives, with by far the main one being E and the necessity of brain surgery.
between us there's not much that hasn't happened with this hellish disease, and this daily reminder really helps... for those of you in the middle of epilepsy's wrath pls know it does get easier, even if it takes 20 years... these days will pass. we put them on the sides of our surgeries :)

Howdy, stranger! Where've you been? Hope you are well. Congrats to you and Mel on the tattoos :)

Hey qt, I'm so glad you checked in! Please tell Mel I said hello and don't be such a stranger, we miss you. :)

qtowngirl

Its good to see you again my friend, nice movement and tattoo's hopefully things keep on the up for you.

hello old friends :) it's been nice to check in.
mel and i are both so damn busy, different life than pre-surg. both went back to school and both have been hit with a whole other form of trauma. mine was a scary and unexpected repo system surgery (ummm, isn't brain surgery enough, F off!), and mel's dad was diagnosed last year with terminal brain cancer (was discovered after she found him in the middle of a grand mal at home). that was part of the reason i recently went to TO to be with her, on my bucket list to meet raymond while there was still time. what a great man.

we also both work part time and have started a national purpose called 'The Mel and Nat Movement.' it's for E awareness, fundraising, and to assist others on an emotional level when they're facing/going through brain surgery. we've spent time in each other's provinces and our next feat is to have canada's famous neil young (has epilepsy) come to winnipeg, where he's from, and do an awareness night through his music.
lol, good luck with this one right! big dreams folks, big dreams.

all this and a few other 'site' reasons are why we're not here to impress you and keep you cozy anymore heehee, but i'd like to come back to visit my peeps more often. you're all so awesome and the brain surgery journey wouldn't have been the same without you ;)
for now, nat.

A matching tattoo with the one and only qtown definitely brings me back to the forum for a hello! :) Missed seeing some of those usernames -- it's been ages!

As Nat said, yep, it's been busy! Thankfully, I celebrated my own 2 year seizure-free milestone in late April but I am focusing hard on keeping stress to a minimum, and everything in check so that I can maintain this. :eek:

-I have a 16 year old son, who is amazing, but it's a tough age.
-I'm going through a divorce.
-As Nat mentioned, the celebration of getting my drivers licence back was marred by dad losing his, when I found him having his first ever seizure behind the front door of the house. Leave it to dad and I to share a brain surgeon!! ;) Like daughter, like father... he couldn't take my word for it, when I said he was awesome; he had to find out for himself. Stupid cancer.:(
-School, work, the movement, another volunteer organization, and seeking peace and enjoying my freedom and independence again while hiking, it doesn't leave much time to get into trouble, anyway! ;)

Be well, everyone. I hope that each and every one of you are well! You're not forgotten!

Y'all are a Dynamic Duo! If you can't get Neil Young to show up for a benefit, I don't know who can.

Mel, sorry to hear about the stuff with your dad, my thoughts are with you there. Good luck to you both with everything on your collective plates.

Y'all are a Dynamic Duo! If you can't get Neil Young to show up for a benefit, I don't know who can.

well mel me thinks we got a challenge! :banana:

stay tuned folks, neil here we come!

Mel, I know I'm not one of your"old" buddies around here since I just joined recently but I wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad.

Your story brought back a lot of memories for me. My mom and I shared a neurologist for a while. She also had a brain tumor. You don't need me to tell you that what you are going through is hard. But it sounds like like you have someone wonderful to help.

Hang in there.

Hey you two if you wanted a a Neil,then all you had to do was ask,no pressure.But seriously best off luck to the two off you,take care now!

*grin* oh my dear dear friend you sure know what to say.
okay how 'bout a 'Neil & Neil' night? hmmmm? :ponder: :rock:

Nice comeback :clap: But let's be realistic,I don't think it would work out.But you girls give it all you got and get him.

I read a story about a gig he did,he played it with his back to the audience also playing obscure b sides until just the die hard fans remained and the others had left.He then turned around faced the audience to play his hits and by all accounts a fantastic gig.

So here's to hoping!

Oh oh oh are y'all talking Neil Peart?

Oh wait, saw you meant Neil Young..nevermind. :p

..................and who is Neil Peart before I thank that comment?

Back
Top Bottom