Does Anyone Else Here Have Fibromylgia?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yes, there

are several of us that do, but no, it does not go hand in hand with E....at least it's not been proven yet.

No but I have first hand knowledge that it does go hand in hand with gluten intolerance.
You might seriously consider nutritional changes.

It also often accompanies Rheumatoid Arthritis, of which I have both. If one isn't bothering me then the other one is, but both are usually active most of the time at varying degrees luckily my epilepsy is still in remission.

My E

is active, but very well controlled. My celiac disease (severe)--also known as gluten intolerance--is HIGHLY active. My arthritis is in my neck, spine, hips and hands. It is also very active, but it is more tolerable now that my celiac is starting to be brought under control a bit.

And yes, I have fibro, too.

Seems that the inflamed intestinal tract, is causing a range of issues for you Mary. I posted a link to some suggestions for extreme nutritional changes for healing the gut. (not sure which thread)

Are you able to stay on track with your diet? It is great that you are seeing some positive results. Can't wait to hear how it is in a year.

We need a chapter in the History Book from your experience.

I'm making

a HUGE effort to stay on this diet. It is a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ARSE. But, the payoff is better. The bruising is horrible right now, due to vitamin deficiencies caused by the severe form of celiac that I have (so bad my docs all thought I had cancer).

HOWEVER, my biggest problem is still keeping weight on. I can fill my diet with various forms of protein, fresh fruits and veggies, and rice forms, and the weight is STILL coming off, which I DO NOT NEED right now. It needs to come off at a MUCH SLOWER RATE. I'm headed towards the 80 pound loss of weight right now.

Overall, my stomach feels better, I will say that. So it really is worth it. But there are some other complications now, too. Gallstones for one....

Meetz could you give me more info on your diet? Maybe I could aim to follow it. As I also have:
E
Fibro
Colitis
GERD
Osteoarthriits
... as well as a bleeding disorder and many other things...

:(

....and could probably really benefit!

Hmmmm

OK, let's see.

If you look around on this site, and check out the links that are about the GARD diet, you'll find that diet is similar to what I am doing now, but not quite as stringent.

GARD DIET

This link will take you to a celiac site, which explains more. Celiacs use a diet that is similar to the GARD, but have more of a rice based diet. There are other types grains that we can use, but they are not common grains, and we use a LOT of fresh/frozen fruits and veggies, organic meats, and different types of milks. (goat, rice, almond...)

GLUTENFREE.COM

It does take quite some time for gluten to leave your system, but once you do get it out, your gut can start to heal, and your body as a result. Trust me, it's worth it. I'm quite tired of being sick to my stomach (LITERALLY) all the time.

Take care,

Meetz
:rock:

Mmmmmm

*scratching head, thinking* yeah, I have. I had to think. I've had oodles of tests. No parasites that anyone can find. Just really severe celiac.

k - it was just a thought with the dramatic weight loss

do you juice your veggies, and do any kind of fermented foods?
Seems like you need some way for the body to absorb the nutritients faster.

No to

both, but I am getting into the liquid vitamins now, as my body cannot hold in the vitamin tablets AT ALL. That's where part of the problem is, I think. I had to stop them, cuz I kept getting sicker and sicker. I just need to figure out dosages for a couple of them, and things will start to look up, I hope.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalsia but another doctor told me I had something similar to Cerebral Palsy. Its very mild CP if that is what it is. But I have pain easily and sometimes pull muscles more easily than most. I was born three months premature and had many illnesses after being born. An underdeveloped nervous system with trauma at birth makes it difficult all throughout your life. My twin and I have troubles with certin things that other don't but are able to walk for a long time.
We had physical therapy since kindergarden to high school and its helped - but now I don't maintain that at home (like I should) and its effecting me again now. But fibromyalsia is a general term for pain or stiffness etc that cannot be explained.

I don't believe its connected to Epilepsy since Epilepsy is in the brain and deals with electricity in the brain, processes of neurons and Fibromyalsia is neuro-muscular condition dealing with pain and other symptoms. I don't know much about Fibro but plan on learning more about it.

PT has helped a lot but just getting myself to keep it up at home if another thing. Must get motivated again LOL

Take care,
Crystal

I was concerned that they are a manufacturer, but they tend to have a lot of really great information on their site. I am not affiliated with the company in any way. We happen to be using the product at this time, that is why I was sent the link. In fact I think I am a Facebook friend of theirs :bigsmile:

Back
Top Bottom