Epilepsy ring

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for some everyday jewelry (I'm a man) pertaining to epilepsy. I'm definitely going to buy a ring, any website suggestions besides Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would suggest trying out MedicAlert, but they don't seem to have any rings on their website. I guess this makes sense since they like to do personal engravings on their products and a ring wouldn't have enough space.

That said if you do a google search for "MedicAlert ring" you'll get plenty of results.

You could always try Etsy.

After a quick search for Epilepsy Rings on Google I found this listing:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203227...MIgNqwjfeL2AIVSrnACh3fDgupEAYYBCABEgI4pPD_BwE

After a quick search on Etsy I saw this listing:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/479232..._search_query=Epilepsy Rings&ref=sr_gallery_2

I never bought anything from either of these sellers. So check them out first.

Overall my experience with "other" sellers on Etsy have been good.

You piqued my interest in these now. lol :)

I want to get a particular bracelet that I've never seen. Some day I'll ask a jeweler to make one. The ones I see are so ugly that I'd never wear them. I want a silver thinnish chain with a piece that would hold a role of paper. It would have to have a medical alert medallion with instructions to look inside. I travel to other countries and it would be good to have a paper that lets people know who to call as opposed to an ambulance. Though at least it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg (over $1000) for a one mile ambulance ride like I had here. Anyway, not sure it would make sense but I really can't stand the others. Maybe I can get a medallion for a bracelet I already wear.

I want to get a particular bracelet that I've never seen. Some day I'll ask a jeweler to make one. The ones I see are so ugly that I'd never wear them. I want a silver thinnish chain with a piece that would hold a role of paper. It would have to have a medical alert medallion with instructions to look inside. I travel to other countries and it would be good to have a paper that lets people know who to call as opposed to an ambulance. Though at least it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg (over $1000) for a one mile ambulance ride like I had here. Anyway, not sure it would make sense but I really can't stand the others. Maybe I can get a medallion for a bracelet I already wear.

I have a really nice medic alert bracelet that I got from a jewelry store. It's a smaller silver one (they made it in gold too) not like the big bulky ones you see in magazines. It's big enough to have my name on the front and on the back it says that I have epilepsy, the med I'm allergic to, and that I can't have an MRI. I'm pretty sure it cost less than $200, not positive though cause my parents got it for me as a present. I know the gold ones cost a little more.

Here are a few links to get you started.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/237035436/45-auto-acp-nickel-keepsake-bullet-urn
https://www.etsy.com/listing/488458...arch_query=bullet keychain&ref=sr_gallery-1-9

There not exactly what you're looking for. But "maybe" the sellers could make what you want. The worst they could say is no. :)

Who sold you the bracelet? Or your parents.

It was a small local jewelry store, I live in PA. I went with them to pick it out but they got it for me as a gift. I've seen medic alert bracelets in larger chain jewelry stores but I'm not sure if they had the smaller ones like I have. We usually buy all our jewelry at the local jewelry store.

Back
Top Bottom