Frustrated with word finding

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

can't believe this-----not remembering words is part of the problem?????Really?I have people so convinced that THEY have a problem---not me.Never thought one thing had to do with the other.memory is so-so,depends on the day----i wonder why?i enjoy the brain games on this site.do you think that reading really helps?concentration on 'one thing at a time' is difficult

I know what you mean about concentrating on one thing at a time. Alot of people say it's more efficent that way, but I get more done when I'm working on multiple things, if I focus on one thing my brain goes all numb, and then something else that I'm doing inspires me to do soemthing else. Multitasking is amazing.

today was an exhausting day,lots to do,lots got done,and i feel so accomplished see i said tomyself' you can do it too'.hope i won't regret it tomorrow.

Ever since I was in my coma, years ago its a lot worse. But in the norm I would say its how many severe seizures you have had. I had a stroke and that is going to go along with what we are talking about. The harder you try to find a word ,I find the more frustrating it gets. I'm 47 now and thats part of it to. And its just a part of the meds. I remember being on a veeg, they took me off all my meds and I could remember things I haven't able to remember in years.And libbyl you will not regret tomorrow.I love those days.

In addition to having some trouble with words, I have trouble with numbers. I am an apartment manager and if I am not extremely careful I will send a maintenance man into the wrong apartment.

I also forget how to spell the most basic words.

Back
Top Bottom