Had a bad day...(May be slight rude words)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi,
I know everyone's supportive on here and I need a good moan. I'm normally quite private but I know you guys will understand.

Like most days, I start off in a upbeat, positive mood. Then when I'm least expecting it-BAM! The partials start. I go from happy to sad/pissed off/frustrated in less than a few seconds. The headache! I could tear off my head at times it hurts so much! My facial paralysis and drooping is an embarrassment! I try to hide it at work. I feel so ill at times that I can barely function. I'm holding on to my job by a thread so I daren't take anymore time off! It's like being on a roller coaster all the time. I must have had at least 10 of things alone today, THEN I have to go to the dentist only to be told I need a bloody root canal!! How the hell am I supposed to sit in that chair when I don't know when my partials will hit!!

Jeeze, give me a break..

Angelita14

Things are never as they seem, are they, like you said "I start off in a upbeat, positive mood." and then it hits, man does it take a lot out of you and your there trying to make everything go smoothly. None of this is easy on you and puts a lot of pressure on you which is not fair but there is very little you can do about it, especially since you have no choice in it. The best part about a roller coaster is it stops and you get a break but you never seem to get a break with E. Then you have to go to the dentist, not nice, but once you tell the dentist your concerns he should be able to look after you. Its easy say and not much of a consolation to you but we have to live and in doing that we need to place certain trust in others. At lest you do not have to try and get a letter from your neurologist for the dentist.

Try to relax a little (easy for me to say) and remember none of this is your fault and you have to make the best of a bad situation. Sorry this sounds stupid but you are a good person and at some stage we have to be lucky. You will get through this, you are strong enough.

I'd rather go to a gynecologist than the dentist! One time I had to have not one, but two root canals!
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!
This too shall pass!
Good Luck!
M

Moan and groan all you want. It's better than punching a hole in the wall!!!!

THEN I have to go to the dentist only to be told I need a bloody root canal!! How the hell am I supposed to sit in that chair when I don't know when my partials will hit!!

I had a root canal a few years ago and everything went fine. They knock you out and when you are under it's very unlikely that you will have a seizure.

I also had back surgery too a few years ago. I was so worried about it because I knew if I were to have a seizure while the dr was operating on my spine I could end up paralyzed. That dr also told me that it's very unlikely that you will have a seizure while you are under. I think he told me that it was only something like a 1% chance that you would. He did tell me that several times just so I understood that.

Before I had the surgery my back hurt so bad that there were days that I couldn't walk. I did decide to go ahead with the surgery because I was practically paralyzed any way. Everything went just ok with that too. I didn't have any seizures before, I think that was because I didn't get myself worked up about it. I didn't have any seizures during or after the surgery either.

I've had two other surgery's on other parts of my body since I've had epilepsy, no problems with those either!

Oh man. I had a root canal when I was younger. I had 2 appointments for it, and the dentist numbed up my mouth so I didn't feel anything, but the last appointment was supposedly just to clean everything up to fill the tooth in, but he started digging in the tooth because he realized he hadn't fully finished the root canal. He never numbed my mouth up and I felt all of it and the pain was intense! I was crying and trying to get away from him, but all he said was, "Oh, I guess I should've used Novocain, it's too late now. Sit still."

The funny part is, he's a good friend of my Father's too! I wouldn't be surprised if my Father had said that I could handle the pain and to not use the Novocain.

Thank you all so much for the support. I've only really been having partials since March so I'm still getting used to it. I really do hate it at times.

One thing I did notice from everyones posts is that you don't allow 'it' to define you. I'm going to do my best to remember that on a bad day.

My dentist is aware of everything and she's lovely. What's ironic is, if it wasn't for the partials being so bad, I would have had treatment much earlier on my teeth and probably avoided the root canal in the first place!

Angelita14

Never allow E to define you, you are better than that. We all hate them no matter what type or how long we have them, just remember everybody is here for you just as you are here for us. Your a good person who like the rest of us gets brought down to their booths at times so I luck forward to your help.

Back
Top Bottom