Was in the hospital again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I was in the hospital again due to a big one and have a concussion now. while in the hospital I was having seizures also so I was there from about 1 until 7. I don't remember most of the day except the BIG MIGRAINE. I was given 2 different pain medications then had an allergic reaction. what a day! I am so glad to be home I am looking froward to seeing my nuro again. My husband told me i had 3 seizures today while I was there also. 1 in front of the doctor, 1 when I had a CT, and the other I don't know when and wasn't told. So maybe now I might be able to get the diagnosis that I have been waiting for. I think four years is long enough and no one should have to go through what I have with doctors. Well I am going to bed now.

I hope you feel better soon. Go easy on yourself until you do -- recovering from multiple seizures can take awhile. Fingers-crossed that the docs get you some answers.

I am still of every mussel in my body is soar like i just worked out and have a roaring migraine still and can not get rid of it. I am trying to take it easy but being a mom and a full time student I have to keep going. Earlier I was tring to write an essay an had a complete brain fart. I could not think so I had to go on to something else until i can think of what I was doing. My husband keeps insisting on doing everything for me but I told him that this was just a minor set back and we will just have to keep on going. I can not just fall and not get back up this would be giving up I told him. He is always so warried about me and I do not know how to tell him not to? It just makes me more worried about myself.:ponder:

It is

hard though, for our caretakers/caregivers to watch us, and not quite understand how we feel. But, at the same time, consider how they feel, too. They most certainly have to be scared out of their wits at times. I know I've scared the living wits out of DOCTORS and PARAMEDICS. Can you imagine what I've done to my family??

Take a deep breath, and then give hubby a great big hug and kiss, and then thank him. He's just trying to protect you the only way he knows how.....

Well its now been 4 days and am finally getting better but this migraine is still persisting. I have a class tonight and i hope it goes well but my seizures are still persisting also they are not as bad as that one but i hope that wont happen again. Now I have something to go on for my neuro when i see him i will also be requesting another MRI since it has been a while. Last time they found some abnormalities but never really explained any of it to me so maybe this time they will. Unfortunetly i am still waiting for my referral to go through. well its the army the motto should be hurry and sit and wait. SPELLING SORRY:ponder: AND THANK YOU

You've probably tried everything for your migraine, but just in case: Advil or tylenol, magnesium, caffeine (unless you're caffeine-sensitive -- it helps some people, but for others it causes migraines), omega-3 rich foods like flax and fish oil, water, rest...

greatfulgirl:

Hey sorry about the tough bout with the seizures. I admire your strength. Take care of yourself. It sounds like you have a good partner there. Alot of spouses are not able to handle this, but yours sounds like he has stepped up to the plate. My husband cut out artificial sweetner and his headaches surrendered. I know there are other things going on, but every little piece of info. may or may not help.

God's speed, or whoever you perceive him to be.

You've probably tried everything for your migraine, but just in case: Advil or tylenol, magnesium, caffeine (unless you're caffeine-sensitive -- it helps some people, but for others it causes migraines), omega-3 rich foods like flax and fish oil, water, rest...

Don't forget oxygen

Back
Top Bottom