Lemonade anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This poem is a metaphor - in the end about reaching out

I know that The Lemonade Stand is a Forum for fun and inspiration. My following poem meant to be inspirational may at first seem rather intense (but there's light at the end of the tunnel!) It's, ultimately, about the importance of coupling hands, which we do here so well. If it brings you down at any point, please move onto the next post.

by Cinnabar

HANDS

Hands are holy children
Christened by the salty sacredness of our tears
They've been bathed
By the wet breath of our sighing tears
Cast down, it seems
For a century

They are a tired couple
Clasping each other in bitter familiarity
Naked and chapped in a wintry marriage
Burned by the sun of days unseen

They are a gloved audience
Covered and pristine
Resting properly, patiently on a lap
Long waiting to leave
Life's pale performance

Beggars, they are,
Reaching out for the small change
They know as love.
Letting it slip through their fingers
Like shiney ellusive coins.

Our hands are a prayer.
Pressed together, pointing upwards
Wanting God to keep an eye on them

They are lovers
Exquisitely entwined
Slippery
Undoing the loneliness of the day

Hands are artists
Tracing every triumph and trouble
Of the day
Rendering a
Blue print, a
Thumb print life.

Our Hands.
They are a pair
We wear.
Wear out
Before their time

When they've never met
A couple of their kind.

Here, we've meet a couple of our kind :rose:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more of a funny one...

1) I get out of doing the ironing. (I've burnt myself too many times)
2) I get to hit the snooze button as many times as i like and no-one questions it.
3) I get to scare the heck out of shop staff and then say... "didn't you feel the earthquake?" (I live in England....)
4) My chat up line really does include falling at someones feet.......:roflmao:

Clever!

1) I get out of doing the ironing. (I've burnt myself too many times)
2) I get to hit the snooze button as many times as i like and no-one questions it.
3) I get to scare the heck out of shop staff and then say... "didn't you feel the earthquake?" (I live in England....)
4) My chat up line really does include falling at someones feet.......:roflmao:
Polonious said "Brevity is the soul of wit". You've certaintly got that down! Love "didn't you feel the earthquake?". You Brits! I think British humor is the best...Oscar Wilde, Noel Coward, Winnie etc...
Always Cinnabar
PS Welcome! This is a great forum!

the last seizure i had in a shop ended on quite a funny note now i look back on it...they had to fill in a report as i somehow managed to break a couple of shelves (as well as send a load of computer games flying...) and i was asked where i lived.... the only answer i could dredge from my brain for at least 15-20 minutes was "at home"......:roflmao::roflmao:The poor man must have thought i was unhinged!! (I mean,asking someone in a post-ictal state to recite their address,what do they expect...)

Wow, Laurie!

I like the poem! I don't generally go for poems too much, but I do like this one. It's good.................

That's priceless!

the last seizure i had in a shop ended on quite a funny note now i look back on it...they had to fill in a report as i somehow managed to break a couple of shelves (as well as send a load of computer games flying...) and i was asked where i lived.... the only answer i could dredge from my brain for at least 15-20 minutes was "at home"......:roflmao::roflmao:The poor man must have thought i was unhinged!! (I mean,asking someone in a post-ictal state to recite their address,what do they expect...)
Very Gracie Allen! If you're old enough to remember the show "Burns and Allen" you'll see your kind posti-ctal remark there. You could probably do a search "Gracie Allen Quotes" or something along those lines. She was known for her startling dingbat retororts, most of which she wrote herself! Always Cinnabar

Burns and Allen??

:ponder:I'm afraid you've lost me with that reference there Laurie,I'll have to google that and get back to you...I'm 26 (for the next 7 days,anyway :roflmao:) If that helps?

new excuses for a public seizing.......

for tonic clonics-
"Sorry,......MAJOR wedgie....had to be done!":pfft:
for atonic seizures(drop seizures)-
"There's a military site nearby and this metal plate in my head doesn't deal with the super-secret testing!"

"I invented a human on-off switch!........someone stole it the next day and has been using it on me."

"There's aliens messing with me.....damn X-files."

Peace
Speber
:rock:

Re: Gracie...

:ponder:I'm afraid you've lost me with that reference there Laurie,I'll have to google that and get back to you...I'm 26 (for the next 7 days,anyway :roflmao:) If that helps?
Your library might have some CD's of their shows. I should look into that myself. Would love to bring myself back to the "old" days when humor was classic! One of my favorite movies is "My Man Godfrey" with Carol Lombard and David Niven...probably new names to you, as well! Forget the other version with June Allison. I can't tell you how many times I've watched this movie. If you want a good laugh you can certainly check that one out of the library. In real life, Lombard was a petite, stunningly beautiful blonde, who cursed like a truck driver. She had real moxy and was one of the first women to manage the terms of her own contract with MGM.
...Vintage films can be cool! :pop:
Always Cinnabar

Pink Lemonade...

Lemonade sounds good today. It's extremely hot and humid in Texas.
..Always my choice. Beats iced tea in my book!
Stay cool! Always Cinnabar

Tonic Clonic Seizure postictal state = The worst hangover you can imagine without getting to enjoy the gin and tonic!
Gin and Tonic used to make me MEAN! So, I switched to Vodka. Now, Uh!, I drink lots of water...boring, boring. Postictal state, I never felt hungover. Just in the clouds. And there's no sunshine..
Always Cinnabar
PS Sometimes I have a beer :beer:

booze

the most alcohol I can cope with on top of the cocktail of pharmaceuticals (isn't that enough :roflmao:),is the (VERY) occasional glass of rose now...was a bit of a wild child during my teenage years though!:rock:

Speber...

Might have to steal your "human on-off switch".......:roflmao::roflmao::rock:

Love Churchill Quotes...

It's easy to tell who is educated about Epilepsy, they're the ones NOT trying to jam a spoon in your mouth.

Never have to worry about the effects of illegal drugs, our prescriptions do more!
Birdbom - Got one for you - more of a anecdote than a quote: Churchill is at a function. Bessie Braddock known as "Battling Bessie" goes up to Churchill and says "Winston you are drunk!" Churchill replys..."and Madam you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober and you shall still be ugly." I guess that's one battle Bessie did'nt win! :lol: Always Cinnabar

Laurie isn't really old enough either to remember Burns and Allen. :)

She just remembers the re-runs like I do. What a funny pair. Rent the movie "OH, God". Burns is great in that role.

Speb, I love the Wedgie excuse. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom