Lemonade anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

"Laurie isn't really old enough to remember....."

Laurie isn't really old enough either to remember Burns and Allen. :)

She just remembers the re-runs like I do. What a funny pair. Rent the movie "OH, God". Burns is great in that role.

Speb, I love the Wedgie excuse. :roflmao:
Buckeye - Personally, the most refreshing statement I've heard in awhile! L ;-)

Lemonade sure sounds good right about now. It's extremely hot and humid where I live. I'm going to regret the rest of summer. About the only time it's a little cooler is the winter time. Again lemonade sure sounds good.

1)Being born with it I grew up with an awareness of my body few others have.

2)never having been allowed to drive I've got extremely strong legs & am in better shape overall from all that walking.

3) I was the only person in class who knew the parts of the brain inside out as well as how nerves & neurons functioned.

4) on double dates we always get the back seat (actually HowdyDave thought of that but I thought it was a good one).
I love bill the cat I think it's hillarious and I look forward to getting to know you better.

I say when life hands you lemons you start throwing them after yelling food fight. :)

I love bill the cat I think it's hillarious and I look forward to getting to know you better.

I say when life hands you lemons you start throwing them after yelling food fight. :)

You sound like fun, Anyone that likes Bill the Cat & joins for the humour here has to be fun. I look forward to getting to know you too but compared to a lot of people here I"m pretty quiet. There's a few people here that are constantly cracking me up..... Just wait if you haven't seen yet.

E.

Last edited:
I had a bad day yesterday...

I doubt I'll show my face in my local ASDA(wal-mart) again any time soon....I had a seizure in there. All well and good except I landed on,and broke a 42 inch flat screen tv.....:clap:ONLY ME!!!!!!!!:oops::eek:

Don't feel too bad

I had a convulsion in a Safeway. One guy swore he knew what to do & held me down. Everyone stopped & stared until I came out of it then even the guy holding me down left before I could tell him NEVER to do that again.

Of course I was followed around next time I did my groceries (expect that). I actually went up to the guy & told him where I was going next. He tried to tell me he was just straightening the shelves but he seemed to straighten wherever I went. He didn't like it when I asked him to carry my basket for me though. (no sense of humour I guess) & it was nerve racking to go back.

yeah but....

what makes it even worse is i used to work there, and the poor girl that's going to have to try and have to explain it to the manager happens to not only be one of my old workmates,but also a personal friend!!!

I thought that would make it better

I think I'd rather have a (somewhat) understanding friend than a stranger who might have a worse reaction to me (depending on the friend of course)

the friend's good,

but do you think the manager's going to believe her? when i was there,my epilepsy wasn't as bad as this!part of me would like to be a fly on the wall when she tells him...:pop:

OMIGOD I never thought of it that way. Well you do have a legitimate medical reason for what happened & if he cares to make a deal of it I'm sure you can prove him wrong. Might even be fun to make him look silly if he doesn't believe you.

I wish you the best of luck with the situation, keep us (or at least me) informed as to how things go. I know I've had my share of boss's who've questioned my behaviour.

meanwhile don't let it stress you out. It just increases the chances of another seizure.

Ummm?....yeah.....

Buckeye - Personally, the most refreshing statement I've heard in awhile! L ;-)

Referring to "Speb, I love the Wedgie excuse." - Buckeye (one can only assume)?

Agreed Laurie...wedgies CAN be refreshing!:pfft:

Keep setting 'em up.
:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Referring to "Speb, I love the Wedgie excuse." - Buckeye (one can only assume)?

Agreed Laurie...wedgies CAN be refreshing!:pfft:

Keep setting 'em up.
:banana:
Speber and Buckeye - Ummmm, "Wedgie" :roflmao: excuse?" In what context? I either missed out on what sounds like an initial and very "interesting" exchange! Or "Wedgie" conotates something else?! Let me in on this so I can be pulled "up and out" of ingnorance!!!! Or if it's a guy thing, know I'm no delicate flower! It's up to you guys! Just curious???
Always Cinnabar

Curious also!!!!!

Let me into this one??!!:banana::roflmao:

Last edited:
I had a convulsion in a Safeway. One guy swore he knew what to do & held me down. Everyone stopped & stared until I came out of it then even the guy holding me down left before I could tell him NEVER to do that again.

Of course I was followed around next time I did my groceries (expect that). I actually went up to the guy & told him where I was going next. He tried to tell me he was just straightening the shelves but he seemed to straighten wherever I went. He didn't like it when I asked him to carry my basket for me though. (no sense of humour I guess) & it was nerve racking to go back.
A well placed kick in the you know where will take care of the problem entirely without having to say anything. You can claim it was epilepsy:) So I'd say kick them between the legs come on now we've all wanted to do that a time or two and been angry once in a while. So let the games begin. What would you like to do to the jerks who annoy you?

I doubt I'll show my face in my local ASDA(wal-mart) again any time soon....I had a seizure in there. All well and good except I landed on,and broke a 42 inch flat screen tv.....:clap:ONLY ME!!!!!!!!:oops::eek:
That's gotta be the best epilepsy story I ever heard. Good thing it didn't land on you otherwise you'd be alot skinnier most likely since those things are heavy if I'm not mistaken.
Hehe
As Jimmy Buffet says if we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane.

irony

this came to me suddenly last night while talking to an out of state friend about this sight.

when i was in grade school i had a teacher that liked to have fun with everybody and the little "joke" we always had between us was that he always told everybody that i should be kept away from sharp objects and high places because i might hurt myself. he even got the lady in the lunch room to give me only a spoon to eat with for over a week. haha. then my sophomore in h.s. he joined the faculty there and brought along his joke. everywhere i went someone was doing something to protect me from "myself". i was even given a box of crayons by one teacher, so that i would not poke myself. again haha. so imagine my excitement when i happen to run into him and his wife at a grocery store in 2003 just short of ten years after i had graduated and imagine his surprise and belated embarrassment when i told him the i had started having seizures in '96. i laughed lightly to lighten the mood and told him that at least he gave me lots of "safety training" that i was able to fall back on. we both laughed and i gave him a hug and told him he was still one of my favorite teachers.:hello::hello::roflmao::roflmao:

All Kinds of Teachers!

this came to me suddenly last night while talking to an out of state friend about this sight.

when i was in grade school i had a teacher that liked to have fun with everybody and the little "joke" we always had between us was that he always told everybody that i should be kept away from sharp objects and high places because i might hurt myself. he even got the lady in the lunch room to give me only a spoon to eat with for over a week. haha. then my sophomore in h.s. he joined the faculty there and brought along his joke. everywhere i went someone was doing something to protect me from "myself". i was even given a box of crayons by one teacher, so that i would not poke myself. again haha. so imagine my excitement when i happen to run into him and his wife at a grocery store in 2003 just short of ten years after i had graduated and imagine his surprise and belated embarrassment when i told him the i had started having seizures in '96. i laughed lightly to lighten the mood and told him that at least he gave me lots of "safety training" that i was able to fall back on. we both laughed and i gave him a hug and told him he was still one of my favorite teachers.:hello::hello::roflmao::roflmao:
Sounds like your dear teacher might have been more that a scholastic one! There are all kinds of "teachers" in this world. I majored in Englis Lit and when at an "artsy" party in SoHo Manhatten a wise looking woman in a turban came over to me and said that I was going to be a teacher. I said, very innocently, "Oh, no! I'm not interested in teaching, I want to write"...to which she replied "You will be a spiritual teacher"...Oh, I laughed, saying "I'm sorry, I'm still teaching myself and will be probably be doing that forever!" Maybe, your teacher doubled as a spiritual one...sensitive premonition! Always Cinnabar

Very Funny!

How's it shakin babe?

Your hospital bed or mine?

I'll show you my EEG if you show me yours.

Can I buy you a script.

Wow, what a great wiggle.

You are so beautiful, I just stare off into space.

Wanna Disco Dance - no one will notice that we have E.

:roflmao:

The next day:

What happened last night? Did I get Lucky? Damn, I don't remember again.
Love it Buckeye! How bout "Let's shake a leg and get outa here, babe! Your place or mind? Opps! I forgot... meant, mine!"

Last edited:
How's it shakin babe?

Your hospital bed or mine?

I'll show you my EEG if you show me yours.

Can I buy you a script.

Wow, what a great wiggle.

You are so beautiful, I just stare off into space.

Wanna Disco Dance - no one will notice that we have E.

:roflmao:

The next day:

What happened last night? Did I get Lucky? Damn, I don't remember again.
Very Funny! How bout "Let's shake a leg and get outa here!"

Christmas Time

Oren Arnold: Christmas gift suggestions

To you enemy, forgiveness
To an apponent, tolerance
To a friend, your heart
To all, charity
To every child, a good example
To yourself, respect

Dale Evans:
Everytime we love, everytime we give, it's Christmas.

Erma Bombeck:
There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas Morning and not to be a child.

Garrison Keillor: A lovely thing about Chrismas is that it's compulsory, llike a thunder storm, and we all go through it together.

Harlan Miller: I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.

One the funny side......

Dick Gregory: I never believed in Santa Clause because I knew no white man would be coming into my neighborhood after dark.

Shirley Temple: I stopped beliving in Christmas when my mother took me to the department store to see him and he asked for my autograph.

:e: And Happy Holidays to all who celebrate this special season, adorning their homes and spirits with their very own cultural traditions and delights!

Yours, Cinnabar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom