phase 2 testing...day 3 ending and now seizures!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

beano619

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Anyone have any words of wisdom on how to trigger a seizure when you need to. I'm ending day three with nothing yet and I'm getting a little irritated. I'm sure I'll post this and ill have some seizures in the the night, but I also don't want to be here for more than a week. I just took my last dose of mess this afternoon and have only been sleeping for 4 hours a night. Tips. Thanks.

Continue with sleep deprivation, caffeine, alcohol if permitted in the hospital for the purposes you are there, heavy exercise on a stationary bike if they have one available, intense games of cards or another game with someone, have someone you don't like or who raises your blood pressure visit you, hold your breath for as long as you can (no, not until you pass out; irregular breathing, though, can trigger a seizure in some people), shallow breathing, play stressful video games.

Temperature swings might also help. See if they have a sauna in the PT room maybe.

Thanks guys. Still nothing. Some activity noticed in the night, but no seizure. The shallow breathing always feels like it may trigger a seizure. Hopefully soon so I can get out of here.

low blood sugar and aspartame seem to have been triggering for me in the past. Are you allowed to skip meals and drink a lot of diet coke? And do a lot of rapid deep kneebends?

have someone you don't like or who raises your blood pressure visit you
This is a great idea but I'm not sure how you would issue the invite. "Hi, I really can't stand you and you always make my blood pressure skyrocket but I could really use your help right now trying to induce a seizure. Could you come by my hospital room?"
Hallmark should put that on a card. Hehehe :)

One time I was in the ER with a broken hand and the girl in the bed next to me was there for something that sounded a lot like a seizure. She had been drinking diet "Redbull" all night to study.

Last edited:
Aloha - you don't have to say to the person you are not fond of them. My sister in law has the ability to rile me (inwardly) and I do care about her so for me she would work in this respect :D
Also I have an ADHD adult friend and his being ADHD makes him the exact opposite of me. I love him as good friends do, but he CANNOT settle down physically or mentally and constantly speaks his mind before thinking of the consequences. And often I want to slug him because of it lol.

Yes, I know a few like that too. :)

What always works for me if I wanted to raise my BP is to call any large faceless corporate entity such as my HMO or the power company. The phone trees and hold times and then you get disconnected and have to start over.......

Today, after finally being off meds for about 6 hours I had 2 seizures. They were my regular partial complex seizures, although last time I was in for testing I had a few grand mals. Hopefully one more tonight so they have enough info so I can leave tomorrow and get reat for surgery. I did try finding an annoying relative, but couldn't find one, but I still had me seizure. šŸ˜ƒ
Thanks guys.
I can't wait to get these probes out of my head so I can eat some solid foods.

Oh, good. The aliens are going to let you out of the space ship soon. Such a good lab rat! :)

Back
Top Bottom