Random Acts Of Kindness!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
Our local newspaper has a section dedicated to people writing in and sharing their stories of random kindess, Big or Small. I think it would be nice to start one here where we can all post our random acts. Regarding E or not. something we did for others and something that was done for us.

Dont know if I put this in an appropriate spot, but if a mod wants to move it to somewhere more permanent, then awesome!

So, i guess i'll start it off.

My usual act of kindess started after I was in a drive through line for a coffee, and when I get to the pay window, the employee informed me that the person ahead of me paid for my order! I was so in shock and generally happy that I passed on the karma right then and paid for the car behind us. I like to think that it went down the line. and occasionally when I am having a really good day, I'll pay for someone's order behind me in a drive through.

The other one I usually do also started from someone else. I was pulling into a parking stall with Chad and a lady came running over and tapped us on the window. She told us that she had paid the minimum price which gave her 3 hours of parking, and only used half an hour. we tried to give her the money for it, but she just smiled and said pass it on. So now when we are done with parking sooner than we expect, we pass the ticket on to somebody else.

This one doesn't have to do with me but my daughter.
She has a thing with helping older people, esecially in stores.
She will get items off shelves for them.
She will help them bag groceries.
She will even help them get to their car.
The interesting thing is....She is 10.
I simply stand back and observe her being a wonderful human being....

Here's one I read about not too long ago.

A taxi driver in our city is being hailed a hero. he hasnt stepped up to acknowledge his good deed.

But it was late at night in a sketchy part of Winnipeg and a yound woman called for a cab to go home because she wasnt feeling good. She got into the cab and told him her address. About part way to her home, she slumped in her seat and began vomiting.

Usually a cab driver at this point would think she was drunk. especially from that area of town. So they would kick them out or drop them off at home to take an advil and sleep it off.

But this cabbie must have sensed something was wrong and that she wasnt drunk, so he drove her to the nearest hospital and carried the girl in.

Turns out the girl had a known clotting problem and was suffering from a clot in her brain that had ruptured. Had the cab driver just sterotyped her as a drunk, she would have died. but he was able to get her to the hospital, and they went in to do surgery and the woman lived!

edit: add link http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/grateful-granny-wants-cabbie-to-come-forward-100513584.html

When I was working at Walmart last christmas during the big shopping rush, I had two families going through my line a few weeks before christmas. Both had little boys. The first family came through with a cart piled high with toys and the boy hanging off the front of it, bawling that he wanted THAT toy and his parents were mean for not getting it for him. When talking with the mother she said tiredly that the entire cart load was for him and he was upset they wouldn't get him more. Woo, was I glad to see them out the door. The next customer was a little boy and his mother. The little boy put a toy firetruck up on the counter and waited to pay. I assumed it was what he was buying with his christmas money and told him that was a good choice. He was shy, and didn't answer. His mother spoke up for him. Apparently the boy had seen the Giving Tree as he came into the store (a christmas tree covered in tags written by poor families who needed help giving their children christmas presents) and took a tag that said 'fire truck' because HE liked fire trucks too and thought it was awful a kid wouldn't get the fire truck they wanted for christmas. He went and chose a fire truck from the shelf and was paying for it with his allowance. As they left, the boy dutifully put the truck in the giving tree bin with the tag attatched. That made my christmas. In a season where all I saw were greedy, crying children, one little boy did something so sweet for someone else, out of his own pocket, something he wouldn't even be thanked for. So kudos to the kind little boy, and to his mother, for raising such a thoughtful kid.

Back
Top Bottom