Removing a ring

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be having surgery in a few weeks and I need to remove all my jewelery. I have a ring that is stuck on my finger, I can't get it over my nuckle. I don't want to have to cut the ring off so does anyone know of a way to try to get it off?

Think you can put your hand in some ice water for a bit? Then maybe put some olive oil or canola oil on your finger and wiggle the ring off slowly???

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Agree with suggestions above -- immersion in very cold water, followed by oil --mayonnaise, vaseline, whatever works... Good luck!

Thanks everyone - I got it off:woot:

I never thought about the cold water part and that did it after I put some soap on it.

I'm glad I didn't have to cut it off, it was my great grandma's ring. Probably a good 75 years old and maybe even older.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

So glad to hear happy endings.
My best to you on the day of your surgery.

What might help is keeping your hand elevated for a while, perhaps that will decrease the blood flow, and cause you to loose some volume in your hand, just enough to get that ring off.

Back
Top Bottom