Was there a Lamictal (lamotrigine) recall?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ruth

New
Reaction score
This is important because most of us at the forum or taking Lamictal (Lamotrigine). I am taking Lamictal.

I called my pharmacist to find out. The biggest recall was by Wockhardt Manufacturing Company. That was in India.

The other one is filed under FDA, Mylan Manufacturing Company in the USA. FiercePharma Manufacturing Company issued this statement:

The date of the recall is February 3, 2015.

The FDA and Mylan have issued a reminder of the of the company's ongoing voluntary recalls for anti-seizure drugs manufactured by Mylan's UDL Laboratories. They recalled 3,993 cartons of Lamotrigine tablets. In this case the drugs were produced and distributed with active ingredients not manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices.

My pharmacist assured me that they keep track of all recalls that affect their customers. My Lamictal was not in any of the cartons. I am sure that your pharmacist is keeping track for you to.

You can ask your pharmacist to make sure that they are keeping track of the recalls.

This is all the information that I have about Lamictal.

Back
Top Bottom