Video EEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

slyalys

New
Reaction score
I had a video eeg as my first step to surgery and other options,
I had a terrible seizure last year and was in status for 6hrs, and the post ictal state lasted 3 days, ever since than my seizures have gotten a lot worse. I have been in denial how bad they have gotten. I wrecked my car in January when I blacked out.

Apparently during the EEG I had 3 seizures 2 of which I don't even remember.
Before that status episode all I had were dejavu spells where I was alert.

The dr told me not to swim alone or cook with an open flame,
my degree is in chemistry, I just graduated and it's already over.

Try not to get too down and think you have lost your independence or ability to use your chemistry degree for employment or further education. When you get the results of the video EEG your neurologist should have options for you whether it be surgery, different medications, etc. When your seizures are under better control, you will likely regain your confidence as well as independence.

In terms of your chemistry degree: that is a great accomplishment as these are not easy courses. Instead of dwelling too much on restrictions in your life right now, decide on where you want your life to be, and then make a list of mini goals that you can work on now that will allow you to get to those bigger life goals. And always have hope that your bigger life goals really will be within your reach to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom