Visiual Disturbances - Eye's Gone Wild?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know were to begin. Well, lately I've been noticing different things, like white clouds in my lower vision, shooting stars but more like someone turning a light on and off and some other stuff that I just checked off as normal for me because of glaucoma. Well, lately they've gotten more intense, I thought migrane without headache (yea, I can live with those), but it's gotten stranger. Yesterday I was watching tv and it looked like the tv had frozen, I didnt think much of it until I looked across the room at one of my cats sitting on the dresser and she too looked like she was frozen, moving in frames like pausing a movie and playing it frame by frame. It freaked me out.
Then this morning was the strangest. Im driving on the highway to get to work, there's a slow moving car and I want to pass it. I looke in rear mirror and side mirror before trying to pass. I then turn my head to the left to make sure no car is in the lane. I noticed the wall (bridge wall) and it looks like grafitty, I think for a moment that wasnt there yesterday and I signal to change lanes. Then out of the blue, I hear this horrible truck horn. It scared the holy-c out of me. I look (turning head to left) and sure enough it was a flat-bed truck. It had writing and graffity on the rails (it didnt have a box car).
I thought to myself that wasnt a wall that I was looking at, it was a truck. "Oh Chit" I think to myself. If I had changed lanes while I was thinking about what I thought was a wall with grafity, I would be dead. But, I thought, wow, why did it look like it was so far away when it was litterally right next to me? (I was in the first right lane of four lanes trying to get in the second right lane , which was two lanes away from the wall). It freaked me out, it' s still freakin me out. a week ago, I was reaching for a cup of coffee on my desk and crashed my hand into the desk which was lower than the cup of coffee, I actually saw the coffee cup move up as I was reaching for it. I hope I described it well enough for someone else to make sense of it.

Let your doc know what's going on. What you describe sounds like simple partials involving perceptual distortions/illusions. These kinds of simple partials can include changes in size, shape, perspective, position, number, color, and/or movement, as well as the shooting stars and persistent images you saw while watching TV. If they're affecting you're driving and otherwise putting you and others at risk, you need to figure out what's going on ASAP.

I will, asap. I see regular dr next week, she can give me a referral for neuro. It really scared me. im still shaking in horror. I'm trying to work and it aint workin. Am I going crazy? I got a nice headache now, probably stress. I keep playing it over in my head trying to understand it. This doesn't seem possible to me. Thank you Nakamova. I can always count on you, thank you. I will asap, see dr. Ok. I can't put my finger on it, but somethin ain't right. I also had an episode where as I was wiping crumbs off my blouse and my hand had a tail?, like it was e-long-gated? Hmmm, don't know. I realy dont know. I feel like im on a 10 sec delay and have horrible horrible ringing ears.

Last edited:
Does not sound pleasant :( Can you have someone help you out, keep you company and give you a break from the stress?

Back
Top Bottom