What the kids are saying...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jemsister

New
Reaction score
This thread was inspired by something that happened today while I was homeschooling my 7/yo son. Hands down, this was the best moment ever for a teacher/mom.

Miles was doing his Beyond The Code book, and there is a section in each lesson where you are supposed to circle the suffix that words share in each word family. So he was working, and I was sitting here, and from across the table I heard, "Ass! That's not a good word for kids! Why do they want you to do that?" I looked up and said, "Huh? What are you talking about?" Miles, looking a tad distressed and confused, pointed to the word family page, "Ass! Ass! They want you to circle ass!" It took every last stitch of restraint in my body not to bust out in hysterical laughter.

Do you have funny stories about your kids?

When my son was newly potty trained I was helping him learn to wipe. I must have been a bit rough because he said, "careful mom, I have a sensible butt."

Another time, in the bathroom he had to throw up. I can't remember if it was the 1st time or not. He looked so pathetic when he was done and said, "well there goes my health". I assured him it wasn't. :p

My younger son who's 8 and very ADHD and probably aspergers, says something funny multiple times a day. :)

I'm a school teacher, yesterday my whole class was working silently when one of my 8 year old boys started to quietly sing " I kissed a girl and I liked it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it" the rest of my class turned and looked at him with open mouths and I think he realized he'd sung it out loud sheepishly said "what? I really like the song"

The was also a little girl in my class who put up her hand in the middle of a maths lesson and said "excuse me, I have something else to tell you, did you know there are poor people in Africa who can't afford hair?"

Oh goodness! "There goes my health!" Crackin' up over that one! Good ones, guys. My in laws call my kids the "healing babies" because they always make you feel better after a bad day. I think this is a special trait all children have. Love it. =)

Back
Top Bottom