Why it's best to have Epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

i think that epilepsy has made me think about how others feel a lot more, if they are not well or something, cause i know that not feeling great can suck sometimes,
also, i get extra money at uni in my grant.

if i feel rough my friends give me loads more hugs, and even buy me my lunch sometimes (lol)...

Also, i know that if i can overcome this, then most things are doable - nothing is impossible. (somethnig that reading posts here proves to me also!)

xxx

OKIE DOKIE, HERE WE GO:

#1: NEURO - Stone-faced; female; stares at you; kinda like a prune

#2: EXCUSED - I told my spouse from the start that I don't do housework, he's military all the way - and wants everything just the way I like it - perfect - I'm the planner/decorator mind and he's the doer/arranger/mover.

Also, my meds catch up to me at night and so I get to sleep in every morning no matter what.

Also, if I don't like a show on tv, I beg for the noise to be cut down and he changes the channel - after almost 6 yrs, he knows what is ok and not.

Also, my reg. md is short, ancient, married for 40+ yrs, and a flirt.

Also, I can correct my adult children and tell them NOT to REMIND me when I forget EVERYTHING and repeat EVERYTHING - that reminding me only hurts - just play a game with me and pretend like it is the first time they heard the tale. (That's what I do out of respect for my 81 yr old parents)

#3: I forgot!!

#4: http://www.myspace.com/ziggidypoo in case anyone here has myspace or click on the "ziggidypoo" in my signature - I had to redo it all and need friends..............boo.....hooo....hooo....hooo

#5: My past - unmedicated behaviorisms can now be attributed to TLE untreated - and most forgive and claim to have forgotten if I ever bring up anything.

I reckon dat's all folks!! OH, I just remembered #3: I am more aware of others and that there is something that makes everyone tick (not a bomb, silly) - be the way that they are and it makes me more accepting of more unusual people with this realization - until I've had enough of do-goodin' and go and hide in my room to get away!!!

NOW, I'm finished......I think.....I forget......

Last edited:
Having epilepsy has made me aware of my needs. Instead of pushing myself to the limits, I sit back, relax, and enjoy life. Until I really had a setback I never TRULY knew what it was like to live life.
I also agree with Robin----empower yourself with your body--no one knows it better than you.--Mere

I make sure I enjoy every GOOD moment (especially those with my kids).

Forgetting arguments with my husband a few hours later has helped to keep our marriage on track and happy. I figure if I forget what I was angry about, it probably wasn't important.

I have to say this to Loudmouth "What Planet did you come from!!!!" I can't even get my seizures under control and someone is picking out the good points about having them totally weird (I have to say that)

http://www.methodisthealth.com/tmhs...nalDbId=208296&&firstName=Amit&lastName=Verma

This is my doctor ladies so judge for yourself. If Shelley has ever gone to St. Luke's, Methodist, Bluebird clinic or many others in the UT medical system, she has probably met alot of my doctors.

I do agree with the doctor that posted from Mumbai.............where are beautiful lady doctors?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I have had epilepsy as a result of hydrocephalus all of my life and have soooooooooooooooooooooo many doctors that I cannot count or remember them. Never, ever, ever has any of them been a beautiful young lady! Someone needs to inspire more beautiful ladies to be a neurologist or neurosurgeon!

As far as having epilepsy benefit me..........not. It has cost me to be thrown out of sports, have to sit certain places on the bus, to lose a very well paying job, etc., etc. With that said, I do not feel sorry for myself but epilepsy is not to my advantage.

I think what everyone really means is. Look for the silver lining. When my son was diagnosed with a brain tumor. We joked about having the "Golden Ticket". This kind of stuff helps people who couldn't say no ever finally get to and no one can judge you for it.:clap:

As for good looking Docs. That sucks too sometimes. I had a young male intern last week and a male nurse during my WADA. Try laying there for 20 minutes while he applies pressure on your groin and chatting with him and the nurse. WAY too embarassing.

Oops I mean embarrassing I hate it when I misspell must have been the seizure.:pfft:

I'm Frequently the Life of the Party Without Even Trying!

It's great that my friends can always count on me for fun and excitement and any gathering. Normally, I manage not to have a Grand Mal seizure, but on those rare events when I do......they surely appreciate the plethora of hot firemen that arrive to the scene.

You get in everywhere half price or less because you need someone to go with you (cinema, swimming, pretty much everywhere actually...)

Plus, now i have an excuse for always being so dopey!

To garfieldlea68 - Just trying to see the brighter side of things, I can't always do it but this thread helps me to see that it's not all doom and gloom, and my seizures are not under control, my neuro thinks they never will be. We all have good days and bad days, and this thread is here for a cheer-me-up. And yes, my current neuro is sooo gorgeous, whereas the previous one was about 110 and wore a bow tie!! Must have got lucky this time! And although I don't get to see him anywhere near often enough (only once a year), He seems to know what he is on about more than the previous 3.

My neurologist isn't too bad either :D Also, i got a new doc. He's quite young, nice looking, and actually listens, which is a great advantage over other docs i've had!

I like the goreous Dr.s. are here in Seattle. He is so cute. He and his beautiful wife . They are both epileptologist. ha ha!. But He has given me a physical a couple of times. Cute! I'm in love. And the Docs say, hi Teresa when I walk in. They know me so well. I think I'm going to Marry the young Genious nurse who works in the epilepsy center I get to see every month. He is sooooooooo hot. Thank you for epilepsy. I walk out of there feeling soooooo gooood! Teresa.

Last edited:
In England I get a free bus pass for local buses. That's a big bonus.
Also quite like the feeling of deja vu, although all the stuff after is pretty poo.

I get the occasional day off work (recovery time or just worn out by meds). Plus I am on weekly salary and don't lose any pay for it.

Truly looking for the silver lining in every situation.
I have thought long and hard about this. I have cried and screamed, cursed it to the heavens and dambed it to the darkest pits of hell. I have hated it and IT has hated me right back. That being said ...
At my darkest, I found who my true friends were, the ones who stayed and mopped up my messes, who changed all theirs plans cuz the bar wouldn't stop the strobe lights, who stopped the idiots with the spoons!
I've unintentionally taught my daughter not to judge a book by its cover. That situations are not always what they seem. A little patience and understanding can do miracles. She has learnt more compassion than most kids her age.
I've realized that life is not about getting what you want out of it but getting all you can out of the moments you are given. Sappy but true

Very well put seizingbeauty.

Having epilepsy has definitely changed the course of my life. I wonder where I would be if I wasn't forced to make the decisions I did.

In high school, since I couldn't drink and wouldn't do any drugs, I lost my friends and basically made new ones. I had a quiet life compared to most of my previous friends. No drinking, no all night crazy parties.

Not doing that probably kept me out of a lot of trouble.

I am happy with my life now so in a way epilepsy has made me who I am today.

:adore: Beauty! That was so beautiful. Your girl is lucky to have you! I hope that when I become a mum, I can teach my kids the same understanding and compassion that you have.

((HUGS))

I have met some really cool people, and I have become a very cool person,very humble may I say ;)

In England I get a free bus pass for local buses. That's a big bonus.
Also quite like the feeling of deja vu, although all the stuff after is pretty poo.

I got a NOW card - you can go absolutely anywhere in England/Scotland with it. You can get it from your local council :D Not too sure about wales, but they don't count N.Ireland, bah!

Best thing for me at the moment - all the financial help i'm able to receive. It's such a relief after having to cut down my contract hours at work!

SeizingBeauty - aw thats so sweet :p

Back
Top Bottom