Why it's best to have Epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm a sap! feel free to drag me out and shoot me and or gag upon reading my response!:paperbag::embarrassed:
Sometimes you just gotta dig deep to find the gold

you can smack someone in the face and say "oops, muscle spasm" a they'd probably believe you

you get an excuse not to drink at the parties and see everyone making an ass of themselves

Where exactly are these georgeous young doctors you speak of? All the ones I've seen are old and have hair growing out of their noses or ears...seriously (with the exception of the female neuro I saw for a while) :) :p

hahaha thankyou for making me laugh. that was great

:e:

Why its best to have epilepsy:

1. Gives you a good excuse for the silly, daft and stupid things you do.
  2. Gives you an excuse for your forgetfulness/memory problems.
  3. In the Uk (don't know about other countries) allows to have extra time on exams.
  4. In the UK - entiltles you to free prescriptions of any type.
  5. In the UK - entitles you to a free bus pass if you haven't been able to go seizure free for a year or more.
  6. Since you can't drive - until being seizure-free up to a certain time period you are helping the environment cos you aren't putting harmful emissions from vehicles into the air - so much more better for the enviroment.
  7. Since you have to walk to bus stops, shops and many other places - in walking distance you get physical exercise.
  8. Lets me meet wonderful people like you guys and gals on this forums and other ones!

Susan

Miss Choccy

:e:

The Best Thing About Epilepsy

It's easy to focus on the negative, but I had a humorous discussion with a friend the other day. He has MS. We were talking about the little hidden benefits of our respective conditions. I'll list my three favorites:

1. When we're at home making dinner and someone has to run out to pick something up from the store, it's never me.
  2. What I save on gas pays for my meds with enough left over to buy something I don't need.
  3. I get to regularly see the world from a different perspective. It's amazing what you notice looking up from the floor.

[*]I get to regularly see the world from a different perspective. It's amazing what you notice looking up from the floor.
[/LIST]

When i've been heading for a snooze because i'm completely spaced out, i seem to notice every lump of paint and crack in the ceiling (left over from previous owners) and find them absolutely fascinating...

Found a cobweb the other day and couldn't stop staring at it :pop:

Partner will stare off in the distance, and when he comes to, he'll see everybody he's with staring off in the same direction trying to see what he sees. It provides him endless amounts of amusement.

Partner will stare off in the distance, and when he comes to, he'll see everybody he's with staring off in the same direction trying to see what he sees. It provides him endless amounts of amusement.

People tend to just wave in my face going "heeelllloooooo - anybody in there?"

lol yeah i do that. and it also amuses me when I remember chad standing at one end of the room and it seems like I just blink and suddenly he is right near my face. I swear, had i not known these were seizures, I would have thought he could teleport.

my superman.

I keep reminding myself, look up. have you noticed how nice the world around you really is. How you ever noticed many buildings have amazing paintings on the ceiling? Normal people never look up. Myself included sometimes. I found out a bit back one of the best places to hide things is just above eye level. Look near the roof line of older building to and of course sometimes just look at the clouds, look up. The world is a pretty place, just look up.

plus if you have a seizure, you are more likely to fall back instead of on your face.

lol yeah i do that. and it also amuses me when I remember chad standing at one end of the room and it seems like I just blink and suddenly he is right near my face. I swear, had i not known these were seizures, I would have thought he could teleport.

my superman.

maybe you married edward cullen :pfft:

EW..... twilight. lol
no thanks.
the books were good, but not great. I mean, who makes a vampire glitter?
Robert Pattinson was not what I pictured him to be anyway. yuck

I keep reminding myself, look up. have you noticed how nice the world around you really is. How you ever noticed many buildings have amazing paintings on the ceiling? Normal people never look up. Myself included sometimes. I found out a bit back one of the best places to hide things is just above eye level. Look near the roof line of older building to and of course sometimes just look at the clouds, look up. The world is a pretty place, just look up.

plus if you have a seizure, you are more likely to fall back instead of on your face.

That is so profound!

I used to stand in the middle of the mall and look up, just to see how many people would stop and do the sme thing or look up real quick so people dont notice that they got curious.

my superman.
That's happened to partner too, except with me. I'm too lazy, so I don't move much lol

A benefit for me is that I don't remember much of my broken marraige. I don't remember the jerk I married. :pfft:
My friends that take care of me is a major one! Especially my parents!
My excuse for forgetting names, and not spelling right!

Back
Top Bottom