2017 ILAE New Seizure Classifications

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Personly I think it good far more less complicated but this is going to take time filter through to doctors.
I think that British site So will other countries do this

Hi StrongerThanEpilepsy.

Thanks for sharing this info. but I can tell it's going to take me some time to
remember the different types of seizures. Wishing you only the best and May
God Bless You!

Sue

This is a very interesting information. I will have to read this material many more times to grasp it in a generalized and personal manner.

I wonder if these shifts in definitions will create confusion/misunderstanding even in the medical community. My seizures tend to have a pattern but on occasion manifest differently.

Thank you for posting this, Stronger Than Epilepsy. Be well!

I have Primary Generalized Epilepsy, I use to have it when I was a kid, It came back, I have alot of different spells, I do not have Grand-mal. I use to be a welder, I could not seem to remember measurements or how to set my machine sometimes, that was my first sign something was wrong with my head, I quit working, Then moved on to Home Depot, Where my bosss was also getting unpleasant with me for not remembering, For 3 years this kind of stuff was going on, I just got an EEG and was clear to the doc, I am haveing seizures. I also have 3 kids. I'm now trying to get SSDI, and have no clue how any of this works

Back
Top Bottom