Epilepsy Scholarships?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does anybody here know of any scholarships that are available for epileptics? So far the only ones that I have found that are available are on Pfizer's website at http://www.epilepsy-scholarship.com/ and Keppra on http://www.ucbepilepsyscholarship.com

If anyone else knows of any others that are available in Kansas especially I would greatly appreciate as I am running very low on funds for my tuition as voc rehab only covers half my tuition.

Thanks in advance

Have you

tried going to the Epilepsy Foundation? Or epilepsy.com? I know there's some others out there, but at the moment, I can't remember what they are.......give me some time to think about it.....

I subscribe to fastweb and all of those epilepsy websites, and do try to keep up to date for anything new, unfortunately just haven't found much, and Pfizer still doesn't have an up to date scholarship form, still waiting though, not losing any hope on those, and I keep checking up on them, I think Pfizers new form will be available in January.

You might also go to some local charities. I know the one that Rebecca and I belong to, we raise funds for scholarships for young girls. There might be one for "motorcycle riders". :pfft:

There are some available in some states through Vocational Rehabilitation. They paid for my first degree.

Voc Rehab paid for my first time of going to college as well, and since it was in state they paid the full cost. Since I am no longer able to do the job that I went to college for the first time, auto mechanics, They are assisting me with my schooling another time. Unfortunately this time they are only able to pay half of the tuition and since they were dragging their feet and taking forever I was constantly having to call the head office to get my agent to get things started so they are only covering my senior session as they are not willing to reimburse me for the previous costs.

The good thing though is that they have been assisting with my medical expenses recently and they have also purchased me a new laptop and all necessary software for school, so I can't complain too much.

Can any credits from the first degree be transferred to another college to cut down expenses and time? Medical expenses....that's great! The meds are extremely expensive.

Unfortunately, no, as the first school was a Vo-Tech, and my second school is DeVry, very few credits pass between DeVry and other schools, as the courses are accelerated. I am now finding out though, that if I would have gone to become a neurologist or something as such, the epilepsy center that I go to would have had more available to assist me

Back
Top Bottom