Facebook event!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, So i also decided to make its own thread here so that it can get as many views as it can. But I started a facebook event for Epilepsy Awareness Month. So log into your facebook, and click attending, then invite everyone on your list. I wanna make this INTERNATIONAL! If a cheesy "what colour is your bra?" message can make it viral and on the news, Then this can too! also, EMAIL YOUR MAYOR! I think that in canada at least, This month is the month that candidates are running for re-election or newly elected. so give them something NEW to support.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156912557680091

That's great! I hope it goes viral!

Hey, I gave it a shot. Sent the invite out to all my friends, and I hope it helps. I think I might also change my profile picture to the purple ribbon for November, and change my status to different epilepsy facts on different days. Good luck reaching your goal!

I think I might also change my profile picture to the purple ribbon for November, and change my status to different epilepsy facts on different days. Good luck reaching your goal!

I like your idea of putting the epilepsy facts on your status lol.

Last edited:
Hi Rae,

I think your epilepsy facebook page is a great idea :agree:.

I don't have enough purple to wear for a whole month but I am going to make a note on my calendar to wear purple on 1 November :D.

I'm also going to change my facebook profile pic to an epilepsy awareness purple ribbon :e:

Yup! Thanks everyone.

Good Idea! I too will change my photo to an Epilepsy Outreach Butterfly and then have a new epilepsy fact each day for a month. 30 facts should not be hard to come up with.

Love and Hugs!!!
Rae

I also sent the invite to all my friends and a status telling them what the event is actually about and why it means so much to me. And secretly not known to them I am watching who is attending and those that dont wont be on my list anymore. I have seen nothing but cancer post for the last few months. Don't get me wrong I have lost alot of family to cancer and it is a cause that I support but why can't people support more than one? I am going to keep spreading the word about epilepsy via my facebook. Hopefully somewhere along the way someone will actually pay attention to my posts!

I also sent the invite to all my friends and a status telling them what the event is actually about and why it means so much to me. And secretly not known to them I am watching who is attending and those that dont wont be on my list anymore. I have seen nothing but cancer post for the last few months. Don't get me wrong I have lost alot of family to cancer and it is a cause that I support but why can't people support more than one? I am going to keep spreading the word about epilepsy via my facebook. Hopefully somewhere along the way someone will actually pay attention to my posts!

I'm watched too. And I was surprised alot of my family clicked no...

I have already had people decline also. The only thing that I could hope is that they thought that it was an event that they had to go to...

I had a small fight about it break out on my wall yippie...
And I emailed the tyra show and begged her if she could wear purple one day and just bring it up how much that would mean to us because she is such a highly watched daytime talk show.

It is depressing and sad! I deleted a few people who declined. They know what my Son is going through and I sent them a personal message telling them how hurt that I was that they declined. One person actually wrote me back and I quote "It's not like it's that serious" well buddy it is to me and a heck of a lot of other people! Sorry just had to get that out.
Rae, I think what you are accomplishing in wonderful. You should take great pride in what you did no matter how many people click attend. You are taking a step towards making a difference and that is what matters. Just think of how many people may be more informed about Epilepsy because of you :) You are AWESOME!

Aw thanks! I gotta say though that it wasn't entirely my idea. I just decided to make an event and then noticed after that one was made.

As well as this forum I also go on an Australian epilepsy forum.

I just posted your facebook link on the Australian Forum asking people to click attend & also invite their friends :).

We need to keep "Talking About It" in order to get people to listen. I have sent an email to the NFL asking them to have players wear purple as there are players with E. I have also sent emails to my legislatures asking to turn our capitol purple for November 1st as they turned it pink for Breast Cancer. As hard as it is to see our requests denied or not answered, if we keep asking they might eventually listen.

Back
Top Bottom