iPhone app to notify someone about seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I received the following via email. Generally, i don't post advertisements for people here, but I thought this might be useful for some CWE members:
... The app is currently only for iOS devices as that is what we have in our house and, as I mentioned, this was created for our personal use. We felt that others may benefit and thought it would be rewarding to put an app out that may help others.

The app is called mAlert and can be found at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/malert/id791777045?mt=8

There is a "lite" version at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/malert-lite/id807187735?mt=8

Again, it was intended for my 5 year old to notify me if my wife fainted and I was not home. It could be used for any type of emergency notification.

Thanks,
Tony Spinelli

Bernard

Thanks for the tip Bernard. That would definitely be good for people especially where children are concerned I would imagine, just a pity there isn't one for an android phone (I have Samsung).

You could try this on Android:

Seizure Alert and Recorder

I think the original plan was to record motion patterns so it could be updated to detect seizures and send automatic alerts. As it is, it's the usual 'tap button to SMS/Email carer' but it also provides local alerts and instructions to possible first-responders.

I have no idea what it's like in practice, but hey it's free :) There are a fair few ICE/alert apps for both flavour of phones, so you should be able to find something that could be useful.

SlimBlue

Thanks for the tip SlimBlue, I had tried other apps some did not work. Believe it or not its not free in Ireland yet, that I cannot explain, but its on the way. I have installed it on the phone so we will see how it goes. Thanks again.

No prob! You'd think Google would acknowledge the fact they get those lovely tax breaks from registering as an Irish company by at least providing the apps for free there :)

I did suggest another android one called EpDetect in a previous similar thread which actually does use motion detection for convulsions, but whilst the idea was sound it turned out not to leave alpha stage either :(

SlimBlue

Tried it several times in the end I had to re-boot the phone, I cannot understand why it would not work I sent all the reports. Google give something for free in Ireland :roflmao: your joking the only thing free here is the air soon be paying for the rain.

Damn! Well, if I don't get a job in the next month I've now got a project to keep me going :)

SlimBlue

Once you do not think there is jobs in Ireland that actually pay you. It cannot get any worse, I hope. Best of luck on the job front.

If I'm correct you have to pair the apple watch with the iPhone for the app

It may be imagination or something read on here even tv gadget program but a watch like thing that can give you few seconds warning sz coming on but I empthasise I may been dreaming

Back
Top Bottom