Mud Volleyball

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awesome idea. This is something that I would definitely enjoy:
The 23rd annual Mud Volleyball Tournament for Epilepsy is set for Saturday, Aug. 6, at Kelly Meyers Park in Roscoe.

The event raised about $35,000 last year for the Epilepsy Foundation of North/ Central Illinois, Iowa & Nebraska.

"We have 240 teams, and they average about 10 people a team. Then we have another couple of thousand spectators on top of that," said Shea Godwin, the Epilepsy Foundation's director of education and development.

Last year the event drew about 7,000 people, including players, spectators and volunteers.

Thousands expected at mud volleyball tournament

Looks like it was fun:
news01.jpg

It's called mud volleyball, but Saturday the courts in Kelley Meyers Park in Roscoe resembled something more like mud soup.

The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Cincinnati will host its 16th annual Mud Volleyball Tournament on Saturday, June 24, at East Fork State Park, Bethel: Mud Volleyball Fundraiser

Men :roll:

All cut from the same cloth. :lol:

Playing in mud like that IS fun though.

...and of course!............

<<<<photosensitive warning!!!>>>>>

You Are What You Is!
:rock:

Mug Shot - Mud Shot - What's the difference?

Oh Mr B?

Can we get a MUG,
I mean MUD SHOT
of you in it???

:D

That sounds funny brain. It made me laugh. I haven't laughed in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

I am a score keeper for the EFCT Mud volleyball in August...it is rather amusing seeing all the teams! (and watching the kids play in the mud between the games!)

Have fun Bernard!

G

I am a score keeper for the EFCT Mud volleyball in August...it is rather amusing seeing all the teams! (and watching the kids play in the mud between the games!)

Have fun Bernard!

G

So who wins??

The MUD or the Players?

:D :pop: :paperbag:

I think everyone wins. We get $$ for the local foundation. We laugh at the mud coated players. THe players seem to have a lot of fun. The mud does NOT seem to mind. There are showers and then the players have fun SLIDING down the hill afterward! LOL> it is a riot! (I sit there nice and clean and watch the Program director work to NOT get tossed in the mud!) I had to work HARD to keep Sam from tossing me in last year! I did get a muddy hand on my back from him, but other than that....good fun....

G...so that answer is ............

yes,

More in OHIO

They have Mud tourneys in Dayton and Columbus Ohio as well. I don't know about Cincy, but the others bring in live music. Dayton turns theirs into a JAZZ fest.

I hope to attend this year.

MUSIC??.....did someone mention MUSIC?...........

.....pump up the jams guys.

...let's rock.

party on.

:banana:

yeah there having that here in July. I wanted to volunteer. I know sombody who works at the Epilepsy Foundation over here.

Hello all. This mud volleyball seems like a lot of fun, and I was hoping somebody could help me. AS some of you may know, I play professional beachtennis, and that is all i want to do. Since this is a new sport, I would love to help introduce the sport to different areas, but doing all in the name of charity. I have spoken with different players, and they seem to like the idea ( they know how dedicated I am to epilepsy awareness, and in fact had SUDEP written on my back last year) Unfortunately, I have been angry for the last three years, and have made poor decisions. However, I am hoping to change all of that. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know. I just hate to waste this opportunity because of the way I have acted the last three years. By the way, if done by a beach, I could have some of the world's top kite surfers involved as well. I just want to make a difference, and feel I can be a big help.

Back
Top Bottom