Petition for Cannabidiol in Canada

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2 year old son who continues to seize despite numerous medications. He has been seizure free for 3 weeks now (hooray!!!) the longest in quite some time. But we would like the opportunity for him to try CBD and right now Health Canada is in the process of working with the Stanley Brothers but any push to help sped up this process would be helpful. There is a petition :

I am not able to post the link yet but it is on the change.org site and the title is "stop making children smoke their medication"

Please sign if this is a cause you believe in!

Thanks!

I find this topic so irritating. The FDA approves all kinds of medications with life-threatening side effects, some that later turn out to have major issues. Yet kids still can't get CBD oil, and marijuana has been used since the stone ages. I feel for your plight--I will sign the petition!! I live in a marijuana legal state but to get pure CBD oil or extremely high CBD marijuana with very little THC content you need to get a medical marijuana card--this is for good reasons though as they are trying to assure the limited quantities are reserved for medical need. I don't have a card as I'm not sure I want that showing up on my next background check for employment.

Pure CBD oil is available on Amazon. The brand name is Cibdex. No, I don't work for them, just a good customer. They have it in capsules, spray bottles, and a sublingual tincture.
Not sure about Canada's regs but pure CBD is legal in all 50 USA states, classed as a dietary supplement.
I wish you well with your petition.

Back
Top Bottom