US Glut1 (Glucose Transporter Deficiency Syndrome) Conference, July 24th 2009

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dutch mom

Ketogenic Smile
Reaction score
Glut1 DS Conference - July 24, 2009

In affiliation with The Colleen Giblin Foundation

Dr De Vivo (the man who discovered Glut 1) himself is going to present, and a range of other leading experts including Ketogenic Dietary advice.

Meet
Meet other Children and families from across the country who are affected by GLUT1 DS. Enjoy the experience as your child meets other children affected by the same condition.

Share experiences and ideas in managing this rare and unique condition. Swap recipes, stories and strategies for dealing with everything from nutrition to new teen.

Learn
Learn from leading professionals in the medical field currently researching Glut1 DS Deficiency Syndome, and learn from ketogenic diet experts on ways to improve your use of the diet.

Event Schedule

11 AM - Noon Lunch Buffet (Keto meals included)

Noon - Opening Remarks
Darryl C. De Vivo, MD
Glut1 Deficiency: From the beginning to now and beyond!

12:30 - 1:50 PM - UT Medical Center Research Team
Juan M. Pascual, MD, PhD
Glut1 DS in the laboratory and in the clinic 2009-2019

Levi B. Good, PhD
How the brain works and seizes in Glut1 Deficiency

Isaac Marin-Valencia, MD
How glucose and ketone bodies are useful to the brain: lessons from Glut1 Deficiency

2:00 - 3:20 PM - Glut 1 Studies/Columbia Medical Center
Kris Engelstad
Dong Wang
Hong Yang

3:30 - 4:20 - Ketogenic Diet
Beth Zupec-Kania, RD, CD - The Charlie Foundation
Strategies for getting nutrition into the ketogenic diet

Dorcas Konigsberger, PNP
The use of the ketogenic diet in Glut1 DS

4:30 - 5:30 Open Panel Discussion

6 PM - 9 PM - Family Fun Event
Kane County Cougars
Evening of fun at the Triple A Baseball Game of the Kane County Cougars, including Fireworks!

Children's activities and childcare planned during the conference.

Location - Registration

Join us for the first ever North American Conference on Glucose Transporter 1 Deficiency Syndrome.

Marriott Northwest
Hoffman Estates - Chicago
Friday,July 24, 2009
11 AM - 5:30 PM
4800 Hoffman Boulevard
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
847-645-9500

Request Conference Registration Form: Glut1DSConf@comcast.net
Registration Fee: $30
Additional donations accepted through

The Colleen Giblin Foundation: Glut1 DS Conference & Research
690 Kinderamack Rd, Suite 104, Oradell, NJ 07649

Block of rooms reserved for the Glut1DS Conference at the group rate of $109. Refrigerators available upon request. Room reservation separate from Conference registration. Ground transportation from O'Hare Airport available through the Marriott.

I'm sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds, but this seemed a fairly appropriate place to try to get the word out about a fundraising opportunity my family and other Glut 1 supporters have been trying out. We signed up the Glut 1 Deficiency Foundation with GoodSearch, so if you register on the site with us, the foundation will receive a donation for every search you make. In less than five weeks, the foundation has already earned over $70.

I hope you'll consider helping us out.

Back
Top Bottom