Walk for Epilepsy in D.C.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Laura,

Sorry you didn't get to see the Senators, but I am sure you were a terrific advocate anyhow. Your heart is so into this cause.

I can't begin to tell you how good it felt to get those hugs in person. Nicole is terrific and so full of energy. I couldn't help to feel how unjust it was for her to have epilepsy, but I know she is in great hands!

This trip was a good thing for me personally. It was such a good feeling to help these young men and I have been invited to go to their summer camp. Several of us crossed the finsh line arm in arm.

Folks, I know that many of us can't do these things. However, I would fully recommend participating in one of these events. It really helped me and I hope raised more awareness. Several TV cameras were there.

I believe it is unjust for anyone to have to deal with Epilepsy or any type of disorder. The good thing is that research has been progressing over the years. During the conference I heard a statement that made me smile. It was stated that 10 to 15 years ago, the word cure was never said for E and now researchers are working towards a cure. I think this is some awesome news. There is always hope.

Laura,
I'll be glad they find the cure for Epilepsy and other medical problems.

Thats great you both went. I am looking forward to this years walk. I am going again. I cant wait. One of these days I will make it to the Washington D.C. Walk.

Anyone going this year?

for the fourth annual National Walk for Epilepsy, March 27, 2010 on the National Mall in Washington, D.C?

I would like to meet up with some of you.

No confirmed plans yet, however I am going to try to go. I really enjoyed it last year. Ashmsthg was thinking about going. I don't know how that is going.

If I am there, I would love to meet. I met Tinasmom (Laura) and her granddaughter Nicole last year. I helped with a group of ten teenage boys last year. Very challenging and uplifting at the same time.

We will be there again this year. Waiting to hear if Nicole is going to be picked for the Kid's
Speak Up conference. If she is picked, we will be there for the entire week. Otherwise we will be there for the weekend. I have to come up with a new idea for tee shirts.

Friendswood is a long ways away from DC. It's probably not in the cards for us.

Nicole has been chosen to be the rep for Southern WI at the Kids Speak Up conference. Our local newspaper interviewed all of us and will be running the story on February 2nd. We are also registered for the National Walk again this year. The paper is going to put our information in the article about donating for the walk.

Back
Top Bottom