Modified Atkins Diet for Epilepsy in Adults

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The researchers are in Norway. Is this trial open to folks in the UK, USA or Australia (et. al.)?

In any event, it's nice to see more researchers following up on the pioneering efforts of Dr. Kossoff.

Great question. If somebody is interested in the study a quick email to the researchers would provide an answer. Their email and phone number are listed in the study description.

The study also has a restriction for people who have been on the diet in the last year. That knocks out all those in here who are on the diet already.

My wife had me On this for a while and it seemed to help but it was not probably for long enough which, to my thinking , given that my seizure episodes seem to follow no predictable pattern, is very much the same as if I were sticking bananas in my ears to keep the monsters at bay then pretending it's worked when I see no monsters. Even so I am happy to entertain any alternative to these medications (all of which I despise...deeply).

Back
Top Bottom