Potential new epilepsy drug research

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BassoJHU

New
Reaction score
Hello All!

My name is Anthony Basso and I am currently working with a scientist at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He has developed a potential new medication for epilepsy and is looking for feedback from people who currently suffer from epilepsy on some of the current medications you may be taking and what is important to you when taking medications.

If anyone would be willing to help, please send a PM.

Admin Note: Soliciting email addresses is not permitted here. Message edited to reflect that. Members are advised to use discretion if they wish to assist Anthony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anthony --

Are you looking to get feedback from everyone who has epilepsy and takes epilepsy meds, or just from those whose seizures are currently only partially controlled by meds?

Hi Nakamova-

Either would be great but someone whose seizures are currently only partially controlled by meds would be perfect.

Would you be interested in answering a few questions about either?

I modified your original note Anthony. We have rules here both for soliciting members for studies and, separately, for soliciting email addresses from members (it's not allowed).

To CWE members, I can confirm that Anthony registered with an email address from Johns Hopkins.

Is there a way to find out more about this; I'm currently on a medication that isn't doing well and after taking 16 meds plus going through various surgeries I'd be interested to see if it would fall into a helpful persuation of my needs.

I agree with suebear. Could you please post a detailed description of what the medication is including how it works (eg. whether it modulates the sodium, potassium or calcium channels), is there any data from trials (animals or humans) to date indicating possible side effects, and anything else you could tell us more scientific minded types.

Back
Top Bottom