[Recommended] "Brain on Fire - My Month of Madness" Susannah Cahalan

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I heard about this book somewhere online.. on Yahoo news, and had to get it immediately in spite of my I-don't-read-books mindset (which I'm trying to change) and so far tonight I've gotten through about 1/6th of it.
A factual account of her getting a neurological virus or something (I don't want to spoil it for you or myself) and how it went unknown almost to the point of her being put into an asylum.
I love the writing style- easy to read- she conveys things simply and well. So far she has touched on some seizure events from the perspective of one not knowing what they are/were but experiencing them.
This book has already definitely moved me as a sort of scripture. This is not a clinical perspective of these things in third-person and is resonating.
There is something about reading hard-cover about what we talk about on here. Message boarders are all just a bunch of freaks anyway, right? ;)
Her perspective on some things is really meaningful though. The succinctness really helps.

if anyone has any other good epilepsy experience books they know of please let me know. Reading like this vs. reading clinical descriptions of things has been helpful so far.

Amazon product

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
Back
Top Bottom